new clobber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
hi all can anyone recommend a good pair of pant's for touring ,i always wear bibtight's but there not very practical when touring.what about something i could wear over cycling short's
also what about a jacket ,one that's waterproof,light,breathable,and dosen't cost the earth thank's.

domtyler

Über Member
I don't recommend going out in just your pants.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I like altura's stuff for cycling in - I have a pair of the Ascent shorts and they're excellent (well designed, pockets placed well for carrying stuff while cycling, both "cargo" pockets zip closed...). Sizing is on the large side though, so worth trying before you buy.

orbiter

For summer touring I like cheapish Millets (Peter Storm) shorts over padded lycra shorts, mostly for the pockets. I carry Rohan (very light) longs for cooler evenings if the weather. Both dry quickly after rain or washing. Last trip I tried a Montane jacket, which is very light and packs to the size of an orange, and Rainlegs , Both dealt very well with heavy rain and I'll be taking them on the next tour.

I've tried expensive 'cycling' outer shorts and found them no better than cheap ones.

That's my twopennorth in case it's useful.

Pete

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
thanks folk's ,maby i'll go for nice casual slack's

Danny

Legendary Member
Endura do cycling trousers which look quite reasonable, and some of them can fit a padded insert.

Gore also do some good looking trousers - Vantage I think - which convert into shorts.

domtyler

Über Member
sadjack said:
I've been thinking of buying these

which can be worn under normal shorts / trousers etc

Seems sensible for touring and cheapish too.

Can normal lycra cycling shorts not be worn under other trousers if required then?

Top Bottom