New Coast to Coast route - The Way of the Roses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
As to improvements they are on the way, unfortunately as many don't understand this is a local Council responsibility... write to the local councils as you would with a footpath!

I've had plenty of dealings on the matter thank you. They said it was a matter for sustrans (they didn't disagree, they were in the room at the same time). Sustrans declined my request ever since and won't even admit there is a problem which is a shame as I don't think you should deliberately leave something in the state for years - a temporary state of affairs is acceptable.

We have a section of NCN2 that is ideal. Good off road and quiet railway route with good links. It is about to become a Bus Rapid Transit Scheme...... Is that teh fault of Sustrans as well?

marinyork

We have a section of NCN2 that is ideal. Good off road and quiet railway route with good links. It is about to become a Bus Rapid Transit Scheme...... Is that teh fault of Sustrans as well?

Stop being daft going on about trivial points and straw men. I was talking about the collection of NCN routes that make up The Way of the Roses originally. I actually like the middle bit of the route. I'm fairly sure you've cycled bits of it so why the obstinateness about talking about the actual route in question is beyond me.

marinyork

Yes, but what is new?

Not really hard to work out.

Shared use paths (new coverings)
Signs indicating shared/segregated etc
Direction signs
Cycle Lanes
Toucan crossing
Kerb alteration
Paint
Major surface construction
various other bits and bobs

400bhp

Guru
So, not a new road then and any cyclist with half a brain could have taken that route before Sustrans came along.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
What if I wear pink..................

Then you are from Lancashire because they are a bunch of girls blouses. :tongue:

Steve

Top Bottom