New Coast to Coast route - The Way of the Roses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not sure if this has been posted or if this is the best place to put it...

I new coast to coast route called The Way of the Roses was opened yesterday from Morecambe in Lancashire (Yeay!) To Bridlington in Yorkshire (Booo!). Cyclists are advised to wear either red or white when doing the route to show their respective loyalties, and for easy identification of them low down dirty yorkshire riders, who can easily be pushed off their bikes when a simple prod is applied. Swords are optional.

http://www.sustrans....ay-of-the-roses

edited for typo

400bhp

Guru

Jacqui

I thought about this for next year somthing to focus on around Fountains Abbey etc is beautiful so should be quite a nice route.

Garz

Squat Member
Looking forward to a CC'er review or someone to add a gpx route as this is definitely one to pencil in.

Garz

Squat Member
Did you not read the above?

:biggrin:

Sorry 400bhp. I did read this before a few days back but from re-reading can only deduce that you 'thought' it was the route can you confirm it is the exact route as would ove a lazy copy to store for if/when I do it?

biggrin.gif

400bhp

Guru
Sorry 400bhp. I did read this before a few days back but from re-reading can only deduce that you 'thought' it was the route can you confirm it is the exact route as would ove a lazy copy to store for if/when I do it?

biggrin.gif

It is not, mile for mile, the exact route.

It is my version of the route, to make it a) road bike friendly, b) to get us to Scarborough rather than Bridlington in a reasonable distance for a 1 daylight day and c) user error from taking the route off Sustrans and converting to a gpx on bikeroutetoaster.

It should follow the route to Ripon (around 90% at a guess).

I have a copy of the Sustrans map for it and also spent a bit of time emailing the organisers beforehand about it.

Paul_L

Über Member
can anyone who knows the route confirm whether it goes up High Hills Lane coming out of Settle?

A brut of a hill. Lots of >20% sections.

We're talking about doing the new route next Easter weekend.

can anyone who knows the route confirm whether it goes up High Hills Lane coming out of Settle?

A brut of a hill. Lots of >20% sections.

We're talking about doing the new route next Easter weekend.

Rule 1 of most cycle route planners.... if in doubt take the route up the hill!
Rue 2 is to ensure a sharp bend at the bottom so you have no impetus to "charge" the hill

Top Bottom