New crank set and bleeding block for SLX 7120 brakes on order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dale 1956

It takes the saint M820 so I order two of them they are cheap.For the crank set I went with a 48,36,26 T My 40,30,22 was nice but I got tired of spinning out going up hills.Back in 2009 my LHT came with this crank setup I think.the 48t will let me go down hill a lot faster and I should not spin out.With a 26t up front and a 34t on the cassette I should be fine.But it was very hard to find a 121 bottom bracket to work with this new setup but I found on so I order two of them.Now I do have a ? does hydraulic brakes freeze up in sub zero weather it gets to 30 to 40 + degree below here in Maine.So for now I have my work shop in my house so my bicycle is safe from freezing anything up.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Brake fluid will freeze at -40F, but it doesn’t freeze just congeales making your brakes inoperable. If you haven’t replaced your fluid recently they can ‘ freeze’ at a much higher temperature as it’s hygroscopic.

OP
OP
Dale 1956

Dale 1956

Brake fluid will freeze at -40F, but it doesn’t freeze just congeales making your brakes inoperable. If you haven’t replaced your fluid recently they can ‘ freeze’ at a much higher temperature as it’s hygroscopic.
Thank you for this Info.Good thing I am keeping my bicycle in my house it's -4 degrees here now.

Top Bottom