New cycle path in Cambridgeshire now open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Route 51 from the Riverside through Fen Ditton isn't awful but isn't as good. Even the Newmarket Road bus lanes aren't particularly unsafe - I just don't like riding with a PnR bus tailing me.

I don't see why that cycleway should suffer fly tipping more than others. If anything, the lack of easy car access by being behind a hedge should make it less likely than on, say, the farm access road from the way under the A14 to Quy, or on route 51 east of Quy.
You mean the Bunny Hole - as I found out recently some of my fellow riders call it when a ride was organised to start from there.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You mean the Bunny Hole - as I found out recently some of my fellow riders call it when a ride was organised to start from there.
Allegedly, the Highways Agency didn't have a standard design for a non motorised underpass when they built that one (they do now, shown in IAN195/16) and some bright spark scaled up a wildlife tunnel, hence the corrugated pipe design and utter lack of visibility sight lines as you exit. Probably a myth, but amusing and quite believable due to the shoot the HA did to cycling elsewhere.

Top Bottom