New cycle/ped only bridge in Cambridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
Not sure that 'feeling sorry for him' and giving photos to the papers are compatible. She's done him up and then trying to claim the moral high ground. Having said that the guy is an idiot!

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
SatNav probably said "take the next right", and if a bollard was missing, well I've seen worse.
Errr yes... I once drove, at night from Cardiff to BeegenOp Zoom in the Netherlands.
The M25 was coned off all the way around and so was part of the M26. Off the ferry, onto the Autoroute and no worries about "wrong side of road" until Holland.
As I came off the 270 degree slip road at Bergen, it was 2am, and I was reapeting the matra to make sure I ended on on right side fot he road ( Turn right go tight, Turn right go tight, Turn right go tight,)
There were two lanes, I turned tight right and was seperapted from the other lane by bollards, just like most of the trip through England. A mile later I came to a roundabout, where a Dutch policman( complete with Sub machine pistol strapped across chest) stopped me and asked.... " Why are you driving down the cycle path...?"

MisterStan

Label Required
Errr yes... I once drove, at night from Cardiff to BeegenOp Zoom in the Netherlands.
The M25 was coned off all the way around and so was part of the M26. Off the ferry, onto the Autoroute and no worries about "wrong side of road" until Holland.
As I came off the 270 degree slip road at Bergen, it was 2am, and I was reapeting the matra to make sure I ended on on right side fot he road ( Turn right go tight, Turn right go tight, Turn right go tight,)
There were two lanes, I turned tight right and was seperapted from the other lane by bollards, just like most of the trip through England. A mile later I came to a roundabout, where a Dutch policman( complete with Sub machine pistol strapped across chest) stopped me and asked.... " Why are you driving down the cycle path...?"
Coffee all over my keyboard!

D

Deleted member 26715

Cllr Gail Marchant-Daisley, who represents Petersfield ward at Cambridge City Council, which covers the Devonshire Road end of the bridge, said it was an “absolutely appalling” incident. She said: “The potential there for a fatal accident was clear.”

But she said no-one had been in danger from the Jaguar during the incident because the driver had been going so slowly. She said: "i just felt really bad for him. He was not being arrogant. He was not thinking he could just take a shortcut.

I wonder if they were talking abou the same incident
Alan...

Globalti

Legendary Member
Non-drivers don't appreciate that navigating a car through a strange town can be extremely stressful, even for an experienced driver. In the end you can become so frustrated and confused that you end up making mistakes or taking risks. You shouldn't, but it does happen.

D

Deleted member 26715

Non-drivers don't appreciate that navigating a car through a strange town can be extremely stressful, even for an experienced driver. In the end you can become so frustrated and confused that you end up making mistakes or taking risks. You shouldn't, but it does happen.
GET OUT OF HERE, you are far too sensible to frequent this forum

Alan...

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'm getting bored with the constant stirring that the Cambridge Evening News is currently doing between cyclists and motorists, it's not very helpful. And I wish the "Cambridge cycling campaign" would foxtrot oscar too!
As for the jag, he ballsed up, and who in the past hasn't? It's just that these days you're never more than 6' from a rat... with a camera phone.

Top Bottom