(NEW) Cycling Lockdown Rules?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As far as I know I am not allowed to cycle from Chester to Flintshire or Wrexham and back?
Official rules from Welsh Government:
Cycling is allowed but you must cycle within the boundary of Wrexham County Borough Council. Cycling in groups larger than 30 people is not allowed, regardless of whether social distancing practices are followed. Cycling to work, or for work, is allowed, if you can’t work from home
Is this everyones understanding?
Glad I made the most of it a few weeks back then :okay:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Within the boundary of Yorkshire would be fine for me, but if they did Kirklees I'd be in difficulty as I'm right on the edge and almost anywhere's another area.

At least you can have up to 30 riders. In England it's a maximum of 6 unless racing, when it's 24.

boydj

Legendary Member
If you are out on your own, not interacting with anyone else, who's to know where you're from or where you're going? Who is going to stop you? You could even have a cake stop if you take the proper precautions. I cycled right through lockdown, mostly on my own, with stops when they were permitted - though I have to say that restrictions up here were maybe not so specific as they were in Wales.

The important thing is not to put yourself or anyone else at risk.

clockworksimon

Über Member
As far as I know I am not allowed to cycle from Chester to Flintshire or Wrexham and back?
Official rules from Welsh Government:
Cycling is allowed but you must cycle within the boundary of Wrexham County Borough Council. Cycling in groups larger than 30 people is not allowed, regardless of whether social distancing practices are followed. Cycling to work, or for work, is allowed, if you can’t work from home
Is this everyones understanding?
Glad I made the most of it a few weeks back then :okay:
View attachment 550128
View attachment 550129
I live in Chester too. My understanding is that we aren’t allowed to cycle across the border. The residents of the local Welsh counties are not allowed to cycle beyond their counties either. Will obviously be hard to police if people break the rules so rely on people being disciplined. It’s a pain but we have plenty of good lanes and countryside round here to ride.

clockworksimon

Über Member
And yes, I am really glad I got out to World’s End and Llangollen for my fix of big hills last weekend! Weather is so horrible just now that should make things easier!

Lovacott

Über Member
If you are out on your own, not interacting with anyone else, who's to know where you're from or where you're going? Who is going to stop you? You could even have a cake stop if you take the proper precautions. I cycled right through lockdown, mostly on my own, with stops when they were permitted - though I have to say that restrictions up here were maybe not so specific as they were in Wales.

The important thing is not to put yourself or anyone else at risk.

Right the way through this thing, anyone could have broken the rules without fear of prosecution. I could have gone out on my bike during the first lockdown for much longer than the permitted hour every day and nobody would have known. We are lucky to live in a country where we are generally trusted to do the right thing and the vast majority of us do.

Lovacott

Über Member
Just like life use to be, before we felt to need to openly share every facet of our lives with complete strangers.
A guy I work with goes running every day and posts his Strava stuff on Facebook along with pictures of him and his missus painting the front of their house complete with house name in the foreground.

His FB profile is public so any random stranger can see exactly which road he starts and finishes his run and they also have a photo showing which house it is.

He also posts when he goes on holiday (USA for three weeks last year).

I've a good mind to burgle his house myself, just to teach him a lesson.

chris-suffolk

Just don't catch a train from London to Glasgow, or suddenly have an urge to test your eyesight and you'll be fine. (or perhaps do do these things and you'll be fine. Not sure which to suggest)

DRM

Guru
A guy I work with goes running every day and posts his Strava stuff on Facebook along with pictures of him and his missus painting the front of their house complete with house name in the foreground.

His FB profile is public so any random stranger can see exactly which road he starts and finishes his run and they also have a photo showing which house it is.

He also posts when he goes on holiday (USA for three weeks last year).

I've a good mind to burgle his house myself, just to teach him a lesson.
Yes Faecesbook, the burglars best friend, and yet when the house has been ransacked and the car taken, these people are actually shocked that the thieves have visited them

Lovacott

Über Member
Yes Faecesbook, the burglars best friend, and yet when the house has been ransacked and the car taken, these people are actually shocked that the thieves have visited them
I remember back in the 1980's when there was a spate of burglaries where the victims had been away on holiday.

Turns out that there were people cruising the airports noting the names and addresses of departing passengers from the tags on their luggage.

Since then, nobody writes their name and home address on a manilla tag and ties it onto their suitcase.

But a hell of a lot of them still post their every detail on FB. Pictures inside their house showing the exact locations of their valuables, pictures of their fluffy kitten so you know that the house isn't being guarded by an angry Rottweiler.

????

hoopdriver

Guru
Hardly anything in the guidance was a rule. There was never a 2 metre rule or a rule for handwashing either. We were given guidance and we were trusted to follow it.
The bit about the hour for exercise wasn’t even in the guidance, let alone a rule. It was an off the cuff opinion of Michael Gove of what he reckoned was about right. It was nothing more than that.

Top Bottom