New cycling mag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Sorry to hear that some of you didn't get your copy. I'll ask around on Monday how best to chase that up. If necessary, I will personally arrange to send copies out (not too many though as we only have a limited supply left in the office).

Issue 2 is on sale on Wednesday...

issue2.JPG

bpsmith

Veteran
Sorry to hear that some of you didn't get your copy. I'll ask around on Monday how best to chase that up. If necessary, I will personally arrange to send copies out (not too many though as we only have a limited supply left in the office).

View attachment 62311

Good to see us subscribers getting it early (yesterday). :smile:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

View attachment 62311

I reckon you should get a pdf uploaded of the first issue to appease all those that didn't get their copy :whistle:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
No offence and I'm sure it's of interest to many, but the cover shows the reason I never buy cycling or any special interest mags anymore and haven't done so for years. They're now little more than consumer catalogues, what frame, which pedal, whose shoes etc. Very little about the pleasures of just riding for it's own sake without monitoring your heart rate and calorie intake so you can pretend you're racing on the next sportive. There's so much more to cycling than that, touring, exploring little known lanes, the joy of just pootling along on a frosty winters morning etc. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd rather read about someone's long weekend mini tour on the Yorkshire Dales or their leisurely trip to France on their 20 year old bike than how fast they were on the Fred Blogs sportive aboard seven grands worth of carbon wonderbike.

Then again, I could just be turning into a grumpy old sod.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
No offence taken. It's a gear-focused mag, so I make no apologies for that aspect of it. I appreciate that's not what everyone is looking for but we wouldn't be publishing it if we didn't think there was a market for it. It's a companion title to Cyclist, which is a lot more ride-focused, so hopefully the two titles are complementary.

bpsmith

Veteran
I have been reading Cyclist for ages now, and what you are looking for @Smokin Joe is pretty much what Cyclist is. Why would they bring an additional mag out that is just more of the same?

Is that issue 3 @smutchin ? When are they due to be sent out?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
No offence taken. It's a gear-focused mag, so I make no apologies for that aspect of it. I appreciate that's not what everyone is looking for but we wouldn't be publishing it if we didn't think there was a market for it. It's a companion title to Cyclist, which is a lot more ride-focused, so hopefully the two titles are complementary.
I understand the market you're aiming at and good luck with it, I wish you every success even though it's not for me.

400bhp

Guru
No offence and I'm sure it's of interest to many, but the cover shows the reason I never buy cycling or any special interest mags anymore and haven't done so for years. They're now little more than consumer catalogues, what frame, which pedal, whose shoes etc. Very little about the pleasures of just riding for it's own sake without monitoring your heart rate and calorie intake so you can pretend you're racing on the next sportive. There's so much more to cycling than that, touring, exploring little known lanes, the joy of just pootling along on a frosty winters morning etc. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd rather read about someone's long weekend mini tour on the Yorkshire Dales or their leisurely trip to France on their 20 year old bike than how fast they were on the Fred Blogs sportive aboard seven grands worth of carbon wonderbike.

Then again, I could just be turning into a grumpy old sod.

No, I think you are onto something.

Just look at the front cover. It is EXACTLY the same style as every other cycle magazine. It's pish poor.

A few mags have gone out production recently - there's nothing to distinguish them.

Hyslop

Veteran
I have just cancelled my order for Cyclist at the newsagent and shall probably take Bikes etc on an issue by issue basis,as the mood takes me.Interestingly,he tells me that whilst he sells several copies of Cycling Weekly and the occasional Cycling Active,the only other magazine he is asked for is Rouleur,though it did occur to me that it may be that it would appeal to those interested in photography as much as cycling.I do still get Active,but I do wonder if thats more habit than anything!Certainly it often seems indistinguishable from a catalogue,indeed the same grizzled or well honed individuals could appear in any aspirant publication really.

Top Bottom