New cycling show C4/All4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
thanks - will look out for - nice to see something that looks as if it shuns the "performance" crowd.
But bloody Mel Giedroyc, will probably skip that.
Grayson Perry should be good.

OP
OP
carpiste

carpiste

Guru
It`s true this is dominated by "luvvies" but I watched Larry and George Lamb cycling around the UK and it was an easy watch, nice places to see and potentially visit. Yes it wasn`t exactly about the bikes but it was inspiring,I think, for people who don`t or haven`t tried cycling.
I get the idea this will be a similar show. Entertaining yes, but probably little in the way of cycling nknow how. I really don`t imagine for one minute there will be a section of the show dedicated to fixing that puncture or making adjustments to your deraillers :rolleyes:
But, it has to be better than amateur dancing, singing, soap type shows ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I get the idea this will be a similar show. Entertaining yes, but probably little in the way of cycling nknow how. I really don`t imagine for one minute there will be a section of the show dedicated to fixing that puncture or making adjustments to your deraillers :rolleyes:
But, it has to be better than amateur dancing, singing, soap type shows ^_^
Like someone once said: it's not about the bike. ;)

I'm quite happy to watch these bike travelogues. Even for those of who don't need much inspiration to go riding, they'll ideally have some good ideas for routes to ride that might be interesting even without the sort of special-appointment pratting-about that the Lambs did at a couple of stops on their rides. Or maybe it'll confirm that I don't want to ride certain routes that are mudbaths, sandpits or traffic-infested. Still interesting, same as many travelogues on here and video-sharing sites.

I thought Micky Flanagan's Detour De France was hilarious.
It was just micky and his mate Noel Lynch doing some cycling and drinking a lot of wine.
Noel was a keen cyclist and one episode rode up Mt Ventoux while Micky stayed at he bottom eating omelette and chips in a cafe.^_^

Top Bottom