New Defender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
I've seen plenty of new defenders but not one towing anything.

One in Shipley tows tarmac contacting gear pretty swish outfit!

Smith's tarmac

GilesM

Legendary Member
Yesterday I finally went for my Land Rover Off Road day that came free with the New Defender, all I can now say is, the new Defender is incredible off road, and it was a fun day out. I was totally blown away.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Phew ! The risk of scratches would put me off ! I'd have to have an old one !

I was in one of the Land Rover Experience Defenders, but I would happily have driven my own one, and plan to take mine on some serious off roading in the new year. All of my cars end up with a few battle scars so I'm not too worried about scratches, and a Defender can be kept covered in mud, so you don't see the scratches.
One serious improvement with the new Defender is that water doesn't come through the door seals when it's half way up the side of the doors, the engine does steam for a while once you get out of deep water though, funny watching a Range Rover Sport go through the same deep water.

GilesM

Legendary Member
SWB definitely looks better than LWB which looks a little odd imo.

I definitely agree, which is why I went for the SWB, however, if you often need access to the back seats, the SWB is not so practical, but it's very rare that we have more than two in ours, so the better looking car is the best choice.

GilesM

Legendary Member
I can happily report that 23k miles and 1 year of new defender ownership has been perfect, it really is an impressive car, only time it's been back to the dealer was for it's 20k mile service, and to the local garage for a set of new boots. Looking forward to the next journey.

GilesM

Legendary Member
All booked in for a day of off roading in Dumfries and Galloway in early February, should be good, hopefully there will be mud and/or snow, should be fun.

Top Bottom