New Defender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Still loving the new Defender, nearly 9,500 miles done, it really is a lot of fun to drive, it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in.

We recently went to the overland and adventure show at Stratford on Avon Race course, lots of good stuff, my better half was not up for the Unimog Motorhome conversion, but at £250k she had a point, we ended up ordering one of these:

https://www.minkcampers.com/

Pick it up in a few weeks time, never thought I'd buy a caravan, but I think it's a bit cooler than most, and should look good with the new Defender.
Good call! People underestimate the smile something (in this case, your defender) you get, a happy feeling.
BTW that trailer thing looks like a big Burley trailer for bikes (good stuff!)

GilesM

Legendary Member
New defender still going strong, an amazing car, some proper off road a couple of weeks ago, sadly I didn't get as far as closing a gate but up and down slippery slopes it was impressive, nearly 15000 miles, still makes me smile every journey.

CXRAndy

Guru
New defender still going strong, an amazing car, some proper off road a couple of weeks ago, sadly I didn't get as far as closing a gate but up and down slippery slopes it was impressive, nearly 15000 miles, still makes me smile every journey.

That's approximately £3-4.2k(varying fuel price) in diesel cost for 15000 miles :wacko:
plus 5.4 metric tonnes of C02, and tens of billions of particulates 2.5um :ohmy:
road VED £525 per year too

£600 for an EV to cover same distance :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's approximately £3-4.2k(varying fuel price) in diesel cost for 15000 miles :wacko:
plus 5.4 metric tonnes of C02, and tens of billions of particulates 2.5um :ohmy:

Aye, and also a stupid amount of money to purchase one.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

I don’t think the OP is worried too much about running costs of his Defender . :whistle:

Running costs are high for my gas guzzler as well but loads cheaper than buying a new car for now!

CXRAndy

Guru
Aye, and also a stupid amount of money to purchase one.

Discovery isn't a cheap vehicle, or were you saying EVs aren't cheap?

Jody

Stubborn git
I see quotes of around 31-33mpg for combined. No one gets those so I would expect low 20s

I thought that sounded low till I had a look and real world driving was getting 29 on the motorway from the most economical diesel :ohmy:

DRHysted

Guru

What is the towing capacity of this EV?
Can it complete over 300 miles between charges when fully loaded and towing approximately 1.5 tonnes?

Top Bottom