New Doctor! Contains Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Let me know when they bring back 6 x 30min episodes, each one with a cliffhanger, that we enjoyed in the 60/70s.

I can't be bothered with the 55mins slow + 5 mins of mad shouty stuff format
I watched the first 20 minutes and it was all just ominous noises and flickering lights. It all felt like intro. I wanted the titles, and then a scene to ground it and start properly.

I think I'll enjoy it more when the kids are old enough for it and we can watch it together, it is a kids' show after all. I only really watched it today so I could point at Sheffield on the telly.

I thought Jodie Whittaker was poor in this. Lots of the odd mannerisms that are so much who the doctor is felt forced in this episode.

Hopefully improves over time. It’s unfair to judge on one episode but not a great start for me.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Think the producers have missed a trick. It’s time for a curmudgeonly universe weary old cynic as the Dr. After countless regenerations and thousands of earth years, I’d certainly be getting a bit p*ssed off with it all by now,

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Warning, this contains spoilers :stop:

The 'resolution' of the cliffhanger when she fell out of the Tardis was awful.

Crash through a train roof, get up & carry on.....????. Tom Baker fell a shorter distance off a radio telescope & 'died'. It's as if the writer couldn't be bothered.
Plus at the end they materialise in open space?. Peter Capaldi went temporarily blind saving Bill from the vacuum of space but I anticipate this lot will survive unscathed....?. Shoddy writing.

Still, I thought Bradley Walsh was an acting revelation. But what was that music at the end?. A drunk version of the Delia Derbyshire classic?. I like Jodie as the Doctor, but let's have some decent writing.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Agree with the above. Too much bollox talked and lazy scripts in recent series. The Universe is about to implode, the monsters have won. No problem, I’ll just wave me sonic screwdriver around a bit, shout abracadabra and make it all better.

subaqua

What’s the point
I've never understood why people get all "protective" or give a flying toss about TV programmes, especially shows which are kids TV. Let's just hope they never decide to bring back Rentaghost.
Whenever I use the District Line there’s one station where all the passengers look at me very strangely ..

captain nemo1701

You all know it's not real & that's it's entertainment don't you?
Yes, but stories should have some sense of internal logic. The people making this stuff are on quite good salaries and should therefore justify the expenditure of our licence fee.

D

Deleted member 26715

The people making this stuff are on quite good salaries and should therefore justify the expenditure of our licence fee.
Since when has that ever been relevant in the BBC Old Boys Club, look at some of the salaries of their so called 'Celebrities' claiming multiple salaries so they don't appear in the list, but that is a completely different topic/issue. This is a kids program, for kids, being complained about by adults,

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's a kids show that has a long tradition of being enjoyed by both children and adults... but it's just a 'brand' these days. The writers don't need a really smart script to sell this shoot globally. The name 'doctor who' does that all on its own.

captain nemo1701

Since when has that ever been relevant in the BBC Old Boys Club, look at some of the salaries of their so called 'Celebrities' claiming multiple salaries so they don't appear in the list, but that is a completely different topic/issue. This is a kids program, for kids, being complained about by adults,

I was referring to the writers & producers. I would expect that a fictional show, whatever it is, to at least have consistent storytelling that isn't full of holes. Dr who is actually a family show, by definition, watched by adults too. Same with Star Trek.

perplexed

Guru
It was quite interesting seeing bits of the city from the perspective of being 'framed' by a TV screen.

I nearly bought a house on the street where you first see the police officer sorting out the parking dispute :ohmy:

winjim

Smash the cistern
It was quite interesting seeing bits of the city from the perspective of being 'framed' by a TV screen.

I nearly bought a house on the street where you first see the police officer sorting out the parking dispute :ohmy:
Was that Hunter's Bar? I used to live there.

Top Bottom