New England, eat your heart out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
...because the display of autumn colours in the woodlands of Kent yesterday (around Wye and Canterbury) was absolutely beautiful, as good as I have ever seen ;)

Ahhhhhhhhh... so soothing.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I'm not looking for a New England,
I'm looking for another world,

longers

Legendary Member
Cheshire and the Peak District were spectacular yesterday.

After the summer we had I wasn't sure what to expect as I thought the intensity of the autumn colours was related to the amount of sugars stored by the trees and sunlight is needed to create said sugars.:smile:

Looked good to me. ;)

Brock

NickM said:
...because the display of autumn colours in the woodlands of Kent yesterday (around Wye and Canterbury) was absolutely beautiful, as good as I have ever seen ;)

Ahhhhhhhhh... so soothing.

Got some photos for us then?

ChrisKH

Guru
My wife tells me it's because of the weather pattern we had this year that we have these colours (watches too much daytime TV, no doubt) . So it's not necessarily to do with just the sun. After hot summers there's not usually any colour round my way. Perhaps you need it hot & wet or hot/wet/hot, hot/wet/cold/hot? Anyone know?

U

User482

ChrisKH said:
My wife tells me it's because of the weather pattern we had this year that we have these colours (watches too much daytime TV, no doubt) . So it's not necessarily to do with just the sun. After hot summers there's not usually any colour round my way. Perhaps you need it hot & wet or hot/wet/hot, hot/wet/cold/hot? Anyone know?

I'd heard this too - warm spring followed by wet summer I think.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
'Tis nice 'round near me too, although the leaves are damnably slippy once they leave the tree, as my grazed knee will bear witness.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tetedelacourse said:
Is that Kirsty MacColl?
The inimitable Billy Bragg originally, thoughy I think Kirsty McC (RIP) covered it too.

I also like New England by Jonathan Richman: (but I can't find it on youtube)

Top Bottom