New Fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
As some have seen on Bookface, the new commuting bike has arrived. The seat post has been lowered about half an inch since the photo was taken (years spent setting up a bike with max seatpost and this one has a longer seatpost than even I can cope with)

960018_10152271805338709_1064180530_n.jpg

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Is this one of the bikes the kids on that telly program flog?

I have never seen a seatpost quite that high before :smile:

zigzag

Veteran
:eek:
i hope you find yourself comfortable on it. :hello:

(but really, i think you need a larger bike than this)

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
:eek:
i hope you find yourself comfortable on it. :hello:

(but really, i think you need a larger bike than this)
I did ask on this esteemed forum and the feeling was that if Lelly was comfortable as a 58 why would I need a bigger bike just cos it was a fixie. All the dimensions (except stem length) are slightly bigger than on Lelly and I rode her to Edinburgh and back. Anyway time will tell.

The seatpost has come down a bit but as you know (and anyone who has seen any of my bikes knows) there's a lot of seatpost!! :rolleyes:

Well, that does look bloody stupid - but then so do I! Have fun Twizzle, and keep pedalling remember...keep pedalling. Say it to yourself all the time until it becomes a habit. (Or you are arrested by the 'mooning' police!)
It'll be unusual to see a Civil service buttock in the air rather than sitting in a comfy chair somewhere - can you possibly cope?

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well, that does look bloody stupid - but then so do I! Have fun Twizzle, and keep pedalling remember...keep pedalling. Say it to yourself all the time until it becomes a habit. (Or you are arrested by the 'mooning' police!)
It'll be unusual to see a Civil service buttock in the air rather than sitting in a comfy chair somewhere - can you possibly cope?
I so enjoy coming on here. I say such nice things about everyone else's bikes and mine just get slagged off. :sad:

adds21

Rider of bikes
What do the 10mm bolts do that are behind the back wheel (apart from make it more difficult to fix a puncture)?

You mean the ones sticking out the back? They're for tensioning the chain, eg, making sure the wheel is correctly placed in the horizontal drops. They're only really needed to hold the axel in the right place while doing up the wheel nuts.

FWIW, other than the seat post, I *really* like they look of your bike. The bull bars are nice too, I recently put some on my fixed gear bike, and it's transformed it in a very positive way.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
You mean the ones sticking out the back? They're for tensioning the chain, eg, making sure the wheel is correctly placed in the horizontal drops. They're only really needed to hold the axel in the right place while doing up the wheel nuts.

FWIW, other than the seat post, I *really* like they look of your bike. The bull bars are nice too, I recently put some on my fixed gear bike, and it's transformed it in a very positive way.
Thank you. Seat post has been shortened. Will post another pic soon

I so enjoy coming on here. I say such nice things about everyone else's bikes and mine just get slagged off. :sad:

Well I think it's nice.

Saddle looks a little high and I'm not sure that chain is quite tight enough... which brings us to your next post:

martint235 said:
What do the 10mm bolts do that are behind the back wheel (apart from make it more difficult to fix a puncture)?

If used correctly, they allow you to align the rear wheel and to keep it aligned while tensioning the chain.

Enjoy your bicycle. Keep sending weather reports.

Top Bottom