New for 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Anybody going to take-up anything new in 2021?

I’m taking-up birdwatching, not twitching, but just a bit of a birder. It’s been latent over the last couple years, but now I’m going to get a little more passionate and learned.

We have an observatory 5 miles lovely cycle away where approx 75 species are recorded, plus marshes and a variety of coastlines where we walk the dogs. Now I’m packing my binoculars as well as poo-bags.

Saw Turnstones walking along the beach today, so that’s a new observation for me :-)

What about you lot?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Make more jewellery, more travel in UK by bike obviously.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am going to take up not cycling to work. My office is being shut down permanently and I have to option to WFH or not at all. This is not purely due to COVID as it is only UK offices impacted and for the last few years I have only been allowed to hire people in India or Poland. So my new activity will be cycling near my soon to be former office and back again before work, or I may increase my Kayaking and Paddleboarding.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Mostly easy necklaces to date but I have all the gear for more complicated casting etc but just haven't got around to doing it. Life keeps getting in the way but gradually slowing things down to make more time.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Mostly easy necklaces to date but I have all the gear for more complicated casting etc but just haven't got around to doing it. Life keeps getting in the way but gradually slowing things down to make more time.
I used to have a little forge in my back garden workshop, for silver casting. I used to make all sorts, using the last wax process. I would cast bronze too, for re-enactment buckles, strapends etc as it helped with the finances. Pewter spinner too. My hands are not up to snuff now, but I used to find it very therapeutic.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I would like to start kayaking again. Might have to go and relearn, as it’s been so long now. I have a little more time with the WFH edict. I am happier from home actually, it’s better for my health.

I too would like to get into Kayaking and have my eye on an Intex K1 for some lazy summer days on the canal😊

Get back in the gym and do more strength training ,less cycling to combat the ravages of time on my body, more overall body strength stuff now my cycle commuting days seem well over. ( my office is closing and i have worked from home for 9 months now) . Also actually do the dance practice I keep saying I will do. I have decided to concentrate on Latin especially Jive as I cant practice ballroom really in a normal living room.

Top Bottom