New for 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just want to get out of bed earlier....in the summer. Neighbor ruins it by refusing to get up earlier so she can give the dog her morning treats. Dog sits at her front door waiting for her to come to door. She is a right lazy bugger.

As a student I memorized the first 20 chemical elements. (didn't take long, I'm not very diligent!)

Can anyone suggest a similar - hopefully useful*-ish - challenge?

(*I don't use this knowledge much, but it's great for a few "free" points on University Challenge :smile: )

Last edited:

Tribansman

Veteran
As a student I memorized the first 20 chemical elements. (didn't take long, I'm not very diligent!)

(*I don't use this knowledge much, but it's great for a few "free" points on University Challenge :smile: )

Names and locations of all national parks and AONBs? Not sure when this will be useful as requires unrestricted travel, hopefully by the summer 🤞

Not useful - but you could start collecting Car Registration numbers (ie start at eg ATR1 and then eg DT2 TRE etc etc.)

It gets a bit dangerous if you are driving/hunting so try staying to pedestrianised collecting.

I’d like to resume showing visitors around Edinburgh’s St Giles Cathedral. This was new to me at the end of 2019, but then got stopped in March. Hopefully I will be able to resume in H2. I will have to do some revision first though.

stephec

Legendary Member
I might buy myself a telescope after many years of dallying with the idea.

stephec

Legendary Member
...of perving through the bedroom window across the road.
She sleeps in the back bedroom unfortunately. 😊

Just to clarify that, the person in question is a mate who lives on her own who used to be in the same running club as me, who I've been out for a run with many times, and also to the pub on occasion (obviously with Mrs Stephec's blessing).

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Anybody going to take-up anything new in 2021?

I’m taking-up birdwatching, not twitching, but just a bit of a birder. It’s been latent over the last couple years, but now I’m going to get a little more passionate and learned.

We have an observatory 5 miles lovely cycle away where approx 75 species are recorded, plus marshes and a variety of coastlines where we walk the dogs. Now I’m packing my binoculars as well as poo-bags.

Saw Turnstones walking along the beach today, so that’s a new observation for me :-)

What about you lot?
I'm determined to start watercolour painting again, packed my brushes away in 1992 but now I have more time... [ha-ha!]

We had egrets on a pond near Cresswell Beach on a recent Cycling NE ride. Still waiting to see a kingfisher properly in the wild... only caught the briefest of blue flashes up to now.

Top Bottom