New for 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We took delivery of our motorhome the weekend before lockdown started back in March 2020.
It's been in storage almost solidly ever since.

Hopefully at some point this summer we will get to do some minor touring within England.
Summer 2022, I'm banking on doing 90 days in Europe.
We've taken to getting ours out at weekends to give it a run and some fresh-air. Then park-up somewhere with a view and chill out for a day....

Brains

Legendary Member
We've taken to getting ours out at weekends to give it a run and some fresh-air. Then park-up somewhere with a view and chill out for a day....

Sounds like a plan, perhaps bung the bikes on the back and have a pootle around Dungeness.
(I presume parking at the Pilot is not allowed at the moment)

Where do you keep yours ?
We have friends with an old Hymer who stores it at a farm not far from you.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Sounds like a plan, perhaps bung the bikes on the back and have a pootle around Dungeness.
(I presume parking at the Pilot is not allowed at the moment)

Where do you keep yours ?
We have friends with an old Hymer who stores it at a farm not far from you.
I can't see why you can't park at the Pilot unless it's roped-off. There will be some suitable parking for the day close-by.
I'll PM you on other bits!

Sandwich bay :-)

O h jeez it's too late. Pop-up adverts all ready:

There are Motorhomes parked in YOUR AREA. Containing couples YOUR AGE.

With whippets. Do you want to f ...

HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF?!!!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Anybody going to take-up anything new in 2021?

I’m taking-up birdwatching, not twitching, but just a bit of a birder. It’s been latent over the last couple years, but now I’m going to get a little more passionate and learned.

We have an observatory 5 miles lovely cycle away where approx 75 species are recorded, plus marshes and a variety of coastlines where we walk the dogs. Now I’m packing my binoculars as well as poo-bags.

Saw Turnstones walking along the beach today, so that’s a new observation for me :-)

What about you lot?

I love a bit of casual birdwatching, hired bicycles in Padstow in 2019 and cycled along the old railway line next to the estuary, Curlews, Great white Egrets, Redshank and loads of cormorants were very easy to spot, the bike ride wouldn't have been anywhere near as memorable without the birds!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

I love a bit of casual birdwatching, hired bicycles in Padstow in 2019 and cycled along the old railway line next to the estuary, Curlews, Great white Egrets, Redshank and loads of cormorants were very easy to spot, the bike ride wouldn't have been anywhere near as memorable without the birds!
I met a cycle-tourist on Mull who was on a birding trip, seems the two go well together.

Top Bottom