New frame decals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

Hi everyone.

I'm in a position to get my rebuilt fixie resprayed in the next few weeks.
I'll be getting the frame powder coated in gloss black.

I want to put the logo's back on the bike once it's finished, does anyone know where to get these from?

my bike used to be a Puch Mistral Tour De France road bike. it has big white "PUCH" on the frame, this is what i would like to find.

does anyone have any ideas?

stevenb

If you can find out what size and font the letters were you should be able to get a graphics company to supply them....the only thing is that it might cost you a fair bit....so you'll have to justify the costs I guess.

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

Thanks for the help guys.

I've poured over the internaet for a few days trying to find the Puch decals, and cannot find them for love nor money.

So I shall try and find other decals that will look right.

Thanks again!

e-rider

crappy member
Hi, can I ask who is doing your powder coat? I recently had my frame re-sprayed and decided to splash out on a professional job at Mercian - it was rubbish and a complete waste of money. They didn't clean any threads out, the seat tube has loads of overspray so the post doesn't fit and they pushed the headset in at an angle and didn't bother to face the headtube. The paint job is even low quality and chips off really easily.

I've heard that Argos in Bristol do a decent job but it's very expensive!

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

well, there's a guy in capel st mary who will be doing mine... he charges £35 or £40 for a complete sandblast clean & powdercoat in any colour you like (so long as he has it in stock i presume).

I think I'll take precautions around the threads myself and I'll give him a totally stripped down frame to spray. should avoid any problems...

Dave5N

Über Member
I have had bikes pwder coated - £15 in Digbeth. There was a chap on C+ and ACF who did some nice vinyls for me very cheap. He shares a name with someone here but I don't know if it is the same man. I'll check.

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

well now. I couldn't find the Puch decals anywhere... so I've ordered what I think will look nice and suit the bike. I've put an order in for some Colnago decals, just white lettering with the "club" emblem. nice & simple. should look good.

I've also called my powder coater, and got no answer, seems they're not there any more! so I found a new one just up the road, and they're going to charge £25 for the media blast and poweder coat... I'll be dropping the frame off with them next week.

so with any luck, by the end of next weekend my fixie should be totally re-vamped and ready to ride again! all I need now is a new front wheel.

robbarker

It should really a good LBS job to get the bottom bracket faced and tapped, the headset faced and reamed and all the other threads chased out...

Top Bottom