New Front Dynamo light needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
My current front light on my Gazelle just isnt bright enough for my village and also it has no stand light, looking to get a different one but unsure what to go for?

Ive seen a Busch & Muller Lumotec IQ Avy T Senso+ which seems to do everything i need it to do but is there any others i should look at ?

Thanks Jamie

dim

I will befitting dynamo hub/lights to my winter bike (Surly LHT)

I've done loads of research, and asked many questions on forums where guys who do long touring rides and Audax post, and I've opted for Lumitec IQ-X with a Son 28 dynamo hub

I will befitting dynamo hub/lights to my winter bike (Surly LHT)

I've done loads of research, and asked many questions on forums where guys who do long touring rides and Audax post, and I've opted for Lumitec IQ-X with a Son 28 dynamo hub

Ive got an IQ-X - brilliant in all senses of the word - only thing i dont like is the sensor - if im charging from my USBwerk the light often comes on - doddle to turn it off as i have it mounted just below the handlebars - but in daylight sometimes takes me time to notice

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
I run a Nexus Dynamo what came on the bike which is 6v so that should be fine, the IQ-X is a little over what im wanting to pay i think, im looking at £50 tops.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I run a Nexus Dynamo what came on the bike which is 6v so that should be fine, the IQ-X is a little over what im wanting to pay i think, im looking at £50 tops.
The one you've picked is only 30 lux, like my Axa Pico 30 Steady Auto which is much cheaper (under £20). I'm comfortable with it on dark country roads but others aren't. I think the current next step up is the Axa Nano 50 Steady Auto which seems to be just under €50 inc P&P from bike-discount - it has a USB charging socket too. There's also the later Blueline 50 Steady Auto which is about £40, but delivery seems to take it over £50 from any supplier I found.

So the crunch question: B+M 30 lux or Axa 50? I'd happily buy Axa again but they don't seem quite as solid as B+M - I've had a few problems with the switch on my Pico and the mounting hole on someone else's Pico cracked through in a crash, revealing it to be only plastic with no metal reinforcement. That said, I've never crash-tested a B+M :laugh:

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
The one you've picked is only 30 lux, like my Axa Pico 30 Steady Auto which is much cheaper (under £20). I'm comfortable with it on dark country roads but others aren't. I think the current next step up is the Axa Nano 50 Steady Auto which seems to be just under €50 inc P&P from bike-discount - it has a USB charging socket too. There's also the later Blueline 50 Steady Auto which is about £40, but delivery seems to take it over £50 from any supplier I found.

So the crunch question: B+M 30 lux or Axa 50? I'd happily buy Axa again but they don't seem quite as solid as B+M - I've had a few problems with the switch on my Pico and the mounting hole on someone else's Pico cracked through in a crash, revealing it to be only plastic with no metal reinforcement. That said, I've never crash-tested a B+M :laugh:

You have me thinking now ! The AXA Nano 50 looks just as good and has the usb for the Garmin !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
just been looking at is states the b+m 30 lux to be used with a 1.5w hub only, mine is a 2.4w so does that mean it would blow the bulb?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Where does it state that? And I thought most hubs are nominally 3W...

Top Bottom