New full suspension for road bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But you're not likely to want to ride a road bike off road?
Skippy said MTB’s with sus doing zero extreme

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I was making the point that for the sort of terrain ridden by many MTB owners, suspension is completely unnecessary. A rigid does have to be ridden a bit slower and with more attention being paid to picking the best route to avoid having your fillings shaken out, but since when was off road riding just about how fast you can go? Unless you're taking part in a race it isn't.

I was making the point that for the sort of terrain ridden by many MTB owners, suspension is completely unnecessary. A rigid does have to be ridden a bit slower and with more attention being paid to picking the best route to avoid having your fillings shaken out, but since when was off road riding just about how fast you can go? Unless you're taking part in a race it isn't.
Suppose its what you enjoy. Some enjoy the speed and adrenaline, its what they do it for. Others bimble. Dont need to be in a race to enjoy rapid progress. Its whatever puts a smile on your face. You dont knock people for that do you ?

Cycling_Samurai

I was using a u spring under the seat until I got a bike fit. The bike being one size large for me leaves no room for the spring. The spring was very comfortable and didn't have the sag inherent to suspension seat posts. Redshift suspension seat posts are supposed to not have sag issues. My bike won't support it though.

I might end up putting the spring back on. But the seat is comfortable enough and seems to absorb shock well.

Holio cornolio

It's all part of a global conspiracy to create never ending arguments and bickering on internet fora over matters which relate to individual opinions, rather than matters of fact and importance. Would not be surprised to learn that the Illuminati are behind this patent.

Last edited:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Overcomplicating simple things...

CXRAndy

Guru
Riding big tyres >35mm with tubeless at lowish pressure is so nice. So is riding a full suspension bike over rougher terrain.

My new bike will be full suspension with 2.5" tyres and a commuter not a MTB

If your local trails are just too easy on full sus you can difficultize ( yes it's a real word) them by reverting to front or no sus for the added technical challenge.

Top Bottom