New hair "style"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

OK, the usual instructions to the barber is:

shave it off, number one.

But lately I have been thinking I should have a change. Last time I got it cut rather than shaved, and I now have some hair (rather than stubble on my head) for the first time in years.

What d'ya think I should do? I have a certain sophisticated "salt and pepper" thing going on xx( Should I make an effort? Would George Clooney feel threatened?

longers

Legendary Member
Do a Jacomus and have a mohican? xx(

Your kids would love you for it, eventually :blush:.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

longers said:
Do a Jacomus and have a mohican? :blush:

Your kids would love you for it, eventually :biggrin:.

I've had one of them. Many years ago admittedly :blush: but I think I'm a wee bit too old for it now, especially if I want to accentuate my natural tints xx(

My kids have seen the photos of previous hair "styles". :biggrin: They have already had to endure my "bandito" moustache within the last year :sad: Which only lasted a few days before I was "ordered" to get rid of it by Mrs Noodley and the Noodlettes.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
You cannot beat a number one, mine blends in with the bald patch

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Dayvo said:
Why not try an Art Garfunkel? He always looked, er, ridiculous! It might be trendy, one day!

I've had a zero or no. 1 for years. The mullet was my choice :biggrin::blush:xx(, but the 80s are long gone, as is my barnet! :sad:

I could go for an "Art" :biggrin:

Mullet was another mistake of mine. As was top perm, rear perm, full perm, shaved apart from a "tin-tin" at the front, pony tail, full "metal" long haired effect, flat top, really stupid "sideys", and for some reason something which resembled Hitler's haircut (I can't remember what was going on at the time but there is photographic evidence).

I quite fancy growing it a bit on top (because I can :blush::biggrin:) and maybe keeping it in trim at the sides. Maybe a bit of a demi-wave going on...I'm thinking Swiss Tony. :blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Not a perm then?

Grow it really long and by next winter it will be long enough to tie under your chin and keep your neck warm.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

longers said:
How about a Keegan perm then?

Had one xx( years ago, but I suppose he's back so I may have to put it down as an option.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

longers said:
Not a perm then?

Grow it really long and by next winter it will be long enough to tie under your chin and keep your neck warm.

Bit of cross-posting there longers! :blush:

I am thinking "long", but mostly long on top. But not long, if you know what I mean.

Christ! I have just remembered I also used to have "curtain" hair xx(:blush:

My hair does have a "natural" wave/curl to it. And it has a "rugged celtic tinge" (a wee bit red) if I allow it to grow - although this may now be "white" since the "rugged celtic tinge" in my facial hair when I don't shave for a few days has a tendency towards lightness of tone.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
You cannot beat a number one, mine blends in with the bald patch

Mrs Noodley likes "slap heads" xx(:blush: with shaved hair. However, I have a "full thing" going on. And I now reckon she may have a point when she claims I look like a bank robber. The broken nose doesnae help. Nor do the scars on my chin, top lip and eyebrow.

The jumper with arrows on it and the bag with "swag" are optional extras.

Although I shall not be giving up my Gore Balaclava when I am on my bike.
:sad:

longers

Legendary Member
I don't have a hair style, I just have hair.

I use my hair as a head warmer over winter. About this time of year I imagine how it would be growing it long.

Trouble is when I don't wear a hat it goes BOUFFANT after cycling.

That's not the look I'm after.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

longers said:
I don't have a hair style, I just have hair.

I use my hair as a head warmer over winter. About this time of year I imagine how it would be growing it long.

Trouble is when I don't wear a hat it goes BOUFFANT after cycling.

That's not the look I'm after.

Mrs Noodley gave me a "telling off" today when I was at work. I had been wearing a hat this morning after I had showered and I had been my usual "not paying attention or giving a shoot"...however I admit I did look a bit of a spanner but "hey-ho". Mrs Noodley does not work with me but she (very infrequently) has meetings at my office.

I need to find a "balance"...

Then I can grow my "bandito" moustache again xx(

mondobongo

Über Member
What about a Strummerish quiff, grade 2 back and sides blended in with a couple of inches length in top brushed back.
Have had a no 1 for about a year now intermittently sometimes a No2 even a Zero and taken a razor to it a couple of times as well.
Am bored with it now and gonna grow it a bit plus it seems every man and his dog now has a slaphead.

Top Bottom