New helmet law in Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
or could have hit him anyway & spread his brain all over the road

Nice. But you do realize the brain damage he suffered was to the frontal portion of his brain? This is a consequence of the brain hitting the skull.

your correct, the point of impact was to the back of the helmet meaning that it would have him on the back of the head had he not been wearing the helmet & when shown on the television looked like it had been hit by a sledgehammer.

given the damage to the helmet caused by the impact i don't believe its unreasonable to assume the rider would have been killed or at the very least suffered a hell of a lot more damage to his brain, meaning the helmet did what it was supposed to do & prevented a more serious injury or possible death.

Whether he wears one everytime he rides a bike or gets paid by the helmet manufacturer to endorse this brand or any brand of helmet isn't the issue. The fact is that on this occasion he was wearing a helmet & it did what it was supposed to do & probably saved his life.

We're lucky to have an collision investigator in our midst. I also saw Cracknell's helmet on TV and IIRC, the damage was predominantly to one side - but hey, now I'm sounding like you! What's more, you do realize the helmet cracked, don't you? You might not like the notion that a helmet could have contributed to Cracknell's collision and brain injury, but you need to consider disbenefits as well as benefits.

Last edited:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
No misrepresentation took place
Not how it looked from here

Big Nick

When someone tells me to 'go away' I take it as they are effectively trying to ban/prohibit me from participation

I think that's possibly the definition of 'outlawing' in my book

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
When someone tells me to 'go away' I take it as they are effectively trying to ban/prohibit me from participation

I think that's possibly the definition of 'outlawing' in my book
whilst a certain poster had no right to tell you to 'go away' (just because one starts a thread does not grant ownership or an express right to personally police that thread), it's along way from 'outlawing'... i think you need a different book.

Big Nick

Good, but not relevant to the point at hand
Which I thought was faith in neurosurgeons?

Big Nick

whilst a certain poster had no right to tell you to 'go away' (just because one starts a thread does not grant ownership or an express right to personally police that thread), it's along way from 'outlawing'... i think you need a different book.
I think you do mate

outlaw
ˈaʊtlɔː/
verb
gerund or present participle: outlawing
  1. ban or make illegal.
    synonyms:ban, bar, prohibit, forbid, veto, embargo, boycott, make illegal, disallow, proscribe,interdict More

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Rubbish, it's you that's been caught out!!

You said outlawed, were called on it and shown to have been wrong. Then you try to redefine the english language to wriggle out of your obvious mistake, instead of fronting up and accepting that fact and now seem to think I have been proven wrong without supplying any evidence again. Grow up!

StuartG

slower but further
Only moderators (which doesn't include TMN) can ban/prohibit. Others can request - like can you answer points made to you, or have a more open mind. But you can ignore it. I didn't see any element of compulsion in TMN's request. You did. And you didn't like it did you?. Food for thought?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Big Nick

Faith in a neurosurgeon performing their job is one thing. Trusting their every pronouncement on stuff outside their area of expertise just because it accords with your own beliefs is just blind faith.
I would take issue with your assumption on 'outside their area of expertise' as I would suggest impact forces and the result they have on the skull and brain would be within his expertise, probably far more within it than anything anyone on here could contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom