1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Indicator System

Discussion in 'Research and Questionnaires' started by Griffalo2003, 4 Mar 2018.

1. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

What about turning left?
  2. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Mentioning hand signals - when I took my driving test, you still had to do hand signals. Anybody remember them?
    I still occasionally use hand signals when I turn right into our drive or similar scenarios when I've indicated to pass a line of parked cars and then need to additionally turn right into a drive etc.
    ADarkDraconis likes this.
  3. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

I still use the straight ahead signal at a particular junction near me, and when traffic's being directed by police.
    classic33, Drago and Sharky like this.
  4. alicat

alicat Guru

I don't care about that because they aren't overtaking me on the side I am turning towards.

I do wish people wouldn't indicate to pass a parked vehicle: it's not like it adds any useful information. In fact, y closest brush with the grim reaper came because of someone indicating in those circs and someone starting to reverse out of their drive because they thought driver 1 was turning right. Driver 1 stopped and suddenly my descent of Kippax Hill was blocked.
  5. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

Oop North (ish)
    You mean overpriced & for posers, lots of them already are.
    ADarkDraconis, Drago and Markymark like this.
  6. I mean double awesome. That would also help remove the sub-awesome people from this forum.
    Regulator likes this.
  7. That one is really bad. It seems closest to this

which is a sign directing drivers to move to the right of it. An arrow like that could have the opposite effect as intended.
    mjr likes this.
  8. Drago

Drago Guru

...and deliberately make them really slow when they reach 2 years old?
    ADarkDraconis and mjr like this.
  9. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Don't they already? And what does "lubricating the chain" mean? ;)