New Jaguar Type 01 - love it or loathe it?

What's your opinion?

  • Like

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Loathe

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Ambivalent

    Votes: 13 43.3%

  • Total voters
    30
  • This poll will close: .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nogoodnamesleft

Senior Member
Looks far too wide/long for UK roads and parking spaces, so doubt if many will be seen here.
Doesn't seem to stop people round me. Predominantly single track roads with mostly unofficial passing places but loads of massive status symbols. Even on the slightly wider roads yet many turn them into single track by driving oversized monstrosities.

And I can't understand why. Often pulling into supermarket next to a mega 4x4 and I reflect I've travelled the same distance, same speed, carrying the same shopping volume/weight, etc. but I've spect a fraction in fuel, done a fraction of climate damage, etc. and not been pushing more sensible vehicles into the verge.
 
It’s big and ugly...like most new cars.

It may have impressive acceleration like a proper Jag but electric cars can never be called ‘grand tourers’ if they can only travel 300 odd miles before needing to be recharged.
 
It looks ugly from the front, the back and each side. A design for the Body Positivity movement.

What is the process for accepting ugly or bad design? Is there a yes/no committee, with an ugliness threshold?
 

richardfm

Guru
Location
Cardiff
Well, only the big brains at Jaguar could set forth with the publicly stated goal of selling fewer cars, and it looks like thats exactly what they will achieve.

They want to move further upmarket, selling few cars at twice the price of the previous models.
 

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks far too wide/long for UK roads and parking spaces, so doubt if many will be seen here.

That's one reason why I have a tiny family 'pool' car. My CRV is a bit too big for most parking spaces so local trips are currently done in a battered Chrysler Ypsilon Red & Black. I don't care if it gets scrapes / car park dents as they just add to the stack that were already on it when bought.
 

Exlaser2

Veteran
I'm 72 and still don't think I'm old enough for a Jaaaaaag
And that in a nutshell is why the rebrand and the attempt to push the brand way up market is necessary.
Tata havnt made any money out of jag since the day they bought it . Ford had the right idea of what to do with it, ie copy BMW , but the bean counters back in USA baulked at the cost of it half way though the process and it’s limped on ever since as land rovers unloved relative. As someone that lives in the historic home of Jaguar and worked in the car industry for 35 years the whole thing makes me so sad.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom