New Jockey Wheels Rattling Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Could be indexing - I fitted hope jockey wheels recently and they were slightly wider than the ones they replaced which moved the chain across a fraction. Gears still shifted nicely but a slight tweak of the indexing got rid of the noise for me.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Have you put the jockey wheels on the wrong way maybe, top jockey should be able to move from side to side, bottom one is fixed .

TACX upper jockey wheels don't have the same play as do Shimano branded ones, very, very slight to non existent. Probably what's causing the problem.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Could be indexing - I fitted hope jockey wheels recently and they were slightly wider than the ones they replaced which moved the chain across a fraction. Gears still shifted nicely but a slight tweak of the indexing got rid of the noise for me.

Sadly, I tried the indexing earlier tonight but to no avail. I am beginning to think that it's the slight difference in both the diameter and width and the lack of float/play, compared to the stock Shimano wheels that is causing the problem. Also, as mentioned above, there is extremely slight to non nexistent play in the upper wheel, as opposed to a noticeable amount of play in Shimano ones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Hopefully, as has been mentioned, wear will eventually sort this issue out. So annoying. Wish I'd just gone for some Shimano ones now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom