New Kettle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I've got a kettle that is a ... ????....... I dont know...... its just a fecking kettle, it boils water, it switches off when it boils.
I do know for a fact it definitely doesn't have WiFi or Bluetooth.
Well you think it hasn't... just don't turn your back on it.

Sharky

Guru
We've just bought a kettle. Our old one was extremely noisy and we tried to find one that had reviews saying it was quiet. The manufacturers don't seem to put a noise rating on their descriptions. In the end we got one to match our toaster. Was supposed to be a quieter model, but seems just as noisy.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
The Dualit toaster is making my Philips kettle look well manky.

I'd like a quality kettle, chrome or matt/brushed metal finish. I do not want a rubbish one so don't give me any Asda/Russell Hobbs/Morphy Richards et al recommendations. I've looked at the Dualit range in John Lewis but whereas I can see and appreciate the design features on their toasters, I can only see bog standard, boring but v.expensive kettles.

I had my Morphy Richards about 7 years until it simply got too grubby inside. Just because somehthing is cheap doesnt mean its rubbish.
Cant really see how a £100 kettle can boil water any better than a £30 kettle, maybe its just me.
:whistle:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I had my Morphy Richards about 7 years until it simply got too grubby inside. Just because somehthing is cheap doesnt mean its rubbish.
Cant really see how a £100 kettle can boil water any better than a £30 kettle, maybe its just me.
We've had our (at the time silly expensive) Porsche Siemens kettle for these many donkeys* years. Can't kill it, although it's just started to want to have a quick re-boil before its thermo cutout makes a positive click off.

*I reckon a donkey is about a year, and it's at least 15 of them.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

That's cos they're not better. You're paying for the design and the brand name. The basic workings of a kettle are beyond simple. That's fine, but anyone buying a £100 kettle and trying to claim it's somehow "better" is talking nonsense. It may be nicer, prettier, more aspirational...but not better

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I like glass or stainless steel ones as some of the plastic ones are known to leech nasty chemicals.

You prompted me to have a look inside my kettle (unsurprisingly I haven't before). The inside seems to be a hard plastic of some sort. Can you provide a link to this leaching please? I would be amazed if a kettle can be CE marked with such a serious issue

Mo1959

Legendary Member
You prompted me to have a look inside my kettle (unsurprisingly I haven't before). The inside seems to be a hard plastic of some sort. Can you provide a link to this leaching please? I would be amazed if a kettle can be CE marked with such a serious issue
Think it’s the same stuff that some water bottles contain? Is it BPA or something. Will need to double check.

Top Bottom