New levels of Scumminess encountered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
Friend of mine went to his car one morning about 10 years ago to discover the front bumper, radiator grille and headlights had been removed whilst it was on his drive overnight, presumably to repair crash damage on someone else's car.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A colleague had his steering wheel and airbags stolen. The police told him that having happened once, it would likely happen again. Sure enough, a month later his replacement steering wheel and airbags were stolen.
Sorry if I am a bit slow but why wouls anyone steal them (apart from the fact that they can).

D

Deleted member 1258

Friend of mine went to his car one morning about 10 years ago to discover the front bumper, radiator grille and headlights had been removed whilst it was on his drive overnight, presumably to repair crash damage on someone else's car.

Was it a Corsa? They've had a lot of problems with the front ends being pinched from these.

U

User169

Sorry if I am a bit slow but why wouls anyone steal them (apart from the fact that they can).

They are v expensive and stolen to order apparently. Destined for E Europe according to what the police told my colleague.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
This has turned into a great "mate of mine" thread!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
This has turned into a great "mate of mine" thread!

I should have added to the "my mate's top half of carburettor nicked" story that we all witnessed the discovery of the loss and were somewhat inconvenienced as we were driving to ireland the next day in the mini in question. We were delayed an hour or two by a tour of scrapyards we could well have done without

Milzy

Guru
Torie cuts. Rich richer poor poorer. The gulf grows wider every year so this sort of thing will happen more & more.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If the Tories weren't making cuts, where do you think the money would be coming from? France hadn't got to grips with austerity yet and look at the mess they're in.

Top Bottom