New "likes"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It could do with buttons for WTF? and OMG.

Maybe throw in LOL, ASAP, NP, LMAO, FIIK, YR!, RTFM, PMF, EMS, AFAIK, IANAL, TMN, TL;DR, BTAIM, ITYM, ICYMI, ELI5, FTFY, WTC?, HTH, IDGAF, MTFBWY, TMI, YMMV, FLATB and we would hardly need to type at all.

D

Deleted member 1258

Did you read the post which was being referred to?
Yes

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Like, funny, & STFU are 'buttons' I have experienced in the past. A similar set up here would cover pretty much all 'reactions' to posts posted. Personally, I dont see the need for the elaboration of the others really.

U

User32269

In the big scheme of things, I don't think I'll be losing too much sleep over new icon things. I don't like them coz I access the site with a smart phone, and every time I scroll, I dish out a variety of spanners and things to random posts.
We need a Fat Thumb icon.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
On "other forums", what I've seen is that changes like this have unintended consequences. A code quickly arises whereby the laugh symbol is used to mean "rubbish", and the spanner to mean "you tool". Of course, not everyone realises this, so you're never sure whether you're getting positives or negatives.

I like to see the number of likes I have so for me anyway this is not a good change.
Where I used to see how many times I've been liked since I joined, now it's how many times I've been rated, not nearly so warm. The one moment in my day when my self-esteem received a positive boost has been cruelly taken away.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
And now they've gone again. And I think that, unlike last time, any likes you gave while the other ratings were around have been deleted too.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Bag of Sh*te
index.jpg

Top Bottom