New Muc-Off / Team Sky Collaboration on Hydrodynamic Lube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
That's the context I thought. My reply was just to say that you may or may not be correct in your assumption. How do you think OCD gets spotted to start with? How do you know whether it's only a spotless drivetrain that individual posters obsess over?
True, I don't know anything about individual posters' history, their clean drivetrain may well be symptomatic of a larger problem. But I do think the phrase "a bit OCD" is overused.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
True, I don't know anything about individual posters' history, their clean drivetrain may well be symptomatic of a larger problem. But I do think the phrase "a bit OCD" is overused.
I can see where you're coming from but, unless you state otherwise, I can't see how you're qualified to say tbh.

I have seen OCD in action and it varies on a spectrum, with no 2 people being exactly alike and no 1 person having the same exact traits at all times.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I can see where you're coming from but, unless you state otherwise, I can't see how you're qualified to say tbh.

I have seen OCD in action and it varies on a spectrum, with no 2 people being exactly alike and no 1 person having the same exact traits at all times.
Good for you.

Ooops...sorry for inadvertently starting this. I have not been diagnosed with OCD and so I guess my use of the term was somewhat flippant and I shouldn't have used it. Apologies if anyone reading this has the condition or is close to someone who does and found my colloquial use offensive.

When it comes to maintaining my bike, I think my preoccupations are severe enough to be considered 'on the spectrum' - I need to keep it clean and oiled and genuinely worry and stress if my bike gets dirty and something prevents me cleaning it immediately post-ride. I would struggle to get to sleep if my bike was in the shed with a sticky, black drive train. Seems a bit pathetic now I come to write it down!
I appreciate that this is in no way comparative to people for whom the condition negatively impacts on their general health and daily ability to function. Soz.

Top Bottom