New Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lejogger

Guru
Hi All...

Well after my little tumble last week, I managed to take a couple of chunks out of my Endura Overshoes. I'm probably going to continue using them for commuting this year, but I'm placing a cycling order anyway, so thought I've get a new set for the club rides as I'm conscious they're a little scruffy.

Looking on Wiggle, there's a huge choice, and whilst I have a couple of ideas, I was just wondering what you good people are using. Do you go for windproof, waterproof or both? (I think getting a reasonably priced wind/waterproof set is my preference) Are there any I should avoid?

Cheers

400bhp

Guru
The most important part of my body to keep dry are my feet. I would always plump for waterproof overshoes.

I'm using the Endura MT500 overshoes-had them for a month and am very impressed. Before that I used BBB overshoes. Very good too but have stretched to the point they were leaking a lot of water from the underneath.

Before that I had a pair of Endura road overshoes, like the ones you have. I found them too flimsy. Within 2 weeks I had broken a zip and after a month they had split at the bottom.

OP
OP
lejogger

lejogger

Guru
The most important part of my body to keep dry are my feet. I would always plump for waterproof overshoes.

I'm using the Endura MT500 overshoes-had them for a month and am very impressed. Before that I used BBB overshoes. Very good too but have stretched to the point they were leaking a lot of water from the underneath.

Before that I had a pair of Endura road overshoes, like the ones you have. I found them too flimsy. Within 2 weeks I had broken a zip and after a month they had split at the bottom.

Sounds like I was pretty lucky with mine then - or you were unlucky with yours.. I've had 3 good years out of them...

I've opted for the Pro Tarmac ones after reading a few good reviews... So I guess we'll see how they compare.

Top Bottom