New pedals must take toe clips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

brand

I must say I don't understand why you must get the powergrips including pedals in those ads - they are Wellgo LU-898 pedals, which are 20 year old Taiwanese design, cheap even then, heavy, obsolete... You would have been better off getting yourself a set of mks as others have suggested, and get whatever bindings/straps/clips or powergrips you'd fancy.
You might be right but haven't paid for the pedals (the US ones with powergrip) as the straps in the UK are the same price as the combination in the US. Also I am unable to actually find anything on the internet which would suggest they are Wellgo LU-898. Can show me?
PS obsolete?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Can show me?

Just click on either of your amazon links and click on the pic. Press [ctrl][+] together to magnify if necessary.

OP
OP
B

brand

Just click on either of your amazon links and click on the pic. Press [ctrl][+] together to magnify if necessary.
On tablet so can't do [ctrl][+] but are you saying both are Wellgo LU-898? And I was asking you to show me a link other than the Amazon one that shows either are cheap and tacky Wellgo LU-898 as you appear to being implying. There for a touring bike not a racer. By the way are you saying all three are Wellgo LU-898? If you are just saying the ones with the powergrips on then the price difference is ridiculous?

OP
OP
B

brand

Google powergrips there's lots of choice, then just choose a pedal you fancy to suit them. There's lots on eBay too and lots of copy type grips.
http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/powergrips_trapfree_toe_straps-ID_12960?gclid=CNmYre3swr4CFQzItAodu2IAjQ

I looked at a pair of token track pedals/clips today. They look good, spin nicely and look easy to maintain.
I was thinking your way but not sure if they could be made to fit all pedals. I will just use the Raleigh for now. I am stuck in Manchester and not sure when I will escape back to Lincolnshire where the bike awaits me!!!

Top Bottom