Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

If someone is on my ignore list, and say in the morning I click 'mark forums read'.
Say, then, a bit later, there is a thread which has new posts but the only new posts are from someone on my ignore list. Will that thread show up in the 'new posts' search?
My hope is that the answer is 'no', but just wondered.
I always read their posts, but don't want to view a thread again if the only thing that's happened since i last looked at it is posts from them.

edit: it would be nice if I could have a link or a search which says 'show me threads that have got new posts BUT ONLY FROM these people or excluding these people - i.e. posts from some people are shown but don't count as new posts'.
Can that be done?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Who posted this thread?

Shaun

Founder
AFAIK the ignore feature only works when viewing threads, e.g. if someone is on your ignore list their posts are contracted so you don't see the content.

I don't think it is accounted for in new posts. If there's a new post, even from someone on your ignore list, it still shows as a new post.

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
B

bonj2

there's nobody on it now, there's no point if it doesn't provide the functionality i described above.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've never put anyone on an ignore list... I'm still not sure that they wouldn't know and I don't want to offend them :biggrin:... that's not to say I've not been tempted.:biggrin:

Danny

Legendary Member
Can someone explain what an "ignore list" is or does.

And how do I know if I am on one?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Having Bonj on your Friends List makes you argumentative and inclined to take up challenges about anything with individuals who do not share your point of view.

Having witnessed your playful banter with LLB I suggest you remove Bonj immediately!!

;):biggrin:;)

PS - The biker did look to be doing a rather daft manoeuvre in slowing to get to the hard shoulder in front of an obviously speeding car....

Top Bottom