FNRttC New production run of club shirts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
other kit is available for much less dosh.

Such as this knockoff. The craftsmanship is appalling, but on a night ride it may pass unnoticed.

firdays.jpg

(I've always admired the Fridays kit, but I wear this, or would do if it weren't vapourware)

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Yup. Mine arrived on Saturday and the ls version was christened round the Chiltern lanes this morning.
Like the slightly deeper red on the star, as noted above.
The little reflective strips are a nice (and worthwhile) touch.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Am just back now: Graham at Force GB said end of this week.

PS have been for a ride round the isle of wight. Must be the only place on earth with not one single inch of road that could be described as flat. Nice place to ride though and I can see now why @StuAff 's ride is regarded so highly by aficionados. Astonishing how perfect much of that tarmac is - long swoopy descents all over the island.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Am just back now: Graham at Force GB said end of this week.

PS have been for a ride round the isle of wight. Must be the only place on earth with not one single inch of road that could be described as flat. Nice place to ride though and I can see now why @StuAff 's ride is regarded so highly by aficionados. Astonishing how perfect much of that tarmac is - long swoopy descents all over the island.
There's a few flat bits here and there. Problem is there's some climbing involved to get to them! Apparently Island Roads has actually done some resurfacing (strewth!) & a big programme of that is planned for this year. A lot of the roads need it....

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
now open for buisness
Like! :smile:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's been a journey. We're there.

http://www.forcegb.com/fridays.html

You may wish to examine items bought by others: certainly @srw was praising his soft shell jacket while others on the Ostend ride were cold. Inc me.
Shall I do the soft cell soft sell on the soft shell jacket?

I'll hold a torch for it. Say hello to style, wave goodbye to coldness. I love it. Admittedly my love is slightly tainted by the printing quality, where the colours bleed slightly into the white, but down in the subway, in the night no-one can tell. Your soul inside will be toasty warm. Yes, it's expensive, but you only live twice - move into a bedsitter if you're short of cash. The body is a decent size and a mostly generous cut - a man (even a man of my girth) can get lost in the body, and as memorabilia of your favourite ride through a fun city there's nothing better.

With thanks, as @rvw will know better than anyone to Wikipedia - one guess only as to which track I didn't need to look up.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Seriously, I do recommend it. Flanders was a cold night - frost on the ground - with a cold wind. I was wearing three thinnish layers on my top half - a merino/polyester dual alyer base layer, a bamboo base layer and the soft cell jacket. I was never cold, even at the horrendous "leave the warm house and face the pre-dawn frost" stage. I think the jacket contributed a lot, especially in keeping the wind out. I'd worn the other two layers in -5 degree cold while cross-country skiing underneath a normal cycling jersey and a fleece - they were less effective.

I'm used to coming out of the mid-way stop, piling everything I'm carrying on, including a boil-in-the-bag waterproof, and still feeling cold.

The material is stretchy, as I said upthread. The cut is reasonably sporting - in that the 4XL top, which fits generously around my shoulders and chest, is close around my currently 6XL waist. But it's a long cut and the waist elastic is decent quality, so that doesn't matter. I had no issues at all with comfort. The air was dry; I suspect that it would still perform well in damp air, but I don't know whether it would stay comfortable in the wet.

Tim Hall

On the main page Winterweight Jerseys are a bargainiceous £49.99. Click for options and it goes up to £69.99 (which fits better in the price sequence)

Top Bottom