FNRttC New production run of club shirts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

winterweight jerseys are not the same as the softshell jacket extolled by @srw
I can see that, but I find it hard to splurge 92 sovs on a jacket. My impecunious eye was dragged unerringly to something almost half the price, only to be disappointed as I clicked. (I guess it's a thing I should take up with ForceGB).

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I too find it hard to splurge 92 sovs on a jacket, particularly as i seem to have literally dozens of the things for running/climbing/ski-ing/walking/cycling in wet/cold/dry/wind/snow etc etc. But at 4.30am in Belgium last Sunday morning I was both cold and sweaty while the smugness in the voice of Someone wearing a 92 sovs jacket had to be heard to be believed. In the nicest possible way.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Are we going to go mad and have arm and legwarmers and shorts? If we do have shorts, will they have the red star on the arse?

If there is a demand these could be designed but might be subject to an initial order again. Though location of 'stars' might be subject a bit of debate.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
XXXL Order placed. Thanks for all of the hard work behind the scenes that went to making this available.

Incidentally, payment was via paypal, but allowed use of a credit card. The Fridays subs is still the only paypal payment that I've seen that denies you this option and insists that you open up a paypal account.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Many thanks @User and @Tim Hall .
Lots of road rash. It's not a pretty sight, but nothing broken. I think Brighton's off the menu for me next week.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
XXXL Order placed. Thanks for all of the hard work behind the scenes that went to making this available.

Incidentally, payment was via paypal, but allowed use of a credit card. The Fridays subs is still the only paypal payment that I've seen that denies you this option and insists that you open up a paypal account.
It's just arrived and is perfect.

Unfortunately it took 7 weeks and arrived while I was away on my cycling hol :sad: This scuppered my plans to ride the crowd thronged route if the TdF in Fridays colours. I had to opt for a plain white Decathlon one.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just got my Fridays soft shell jacket. I'm now wondering how I should use it. Is it a jacket (ie I wear a regular cycling jersey underneath may take it off at some point during the day if I get too warm) or is it a thick jersey (eg I wear a vest/T-shirt or nothing depending on the heat underneath and it stays on all day).

The thing is, it doesn't fold up small like my gore text jacket does, it won't go into a jersey pocket, so it's going to to be a bit cumbersome to transport. So it will have to stay on all day.

Thus it will be confined only to really cold days I think, because it does seem quite warm. Or else I'll need to rig up a stuffsack and figure out a way of carrying it.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
As this is the beginning of the season and we've had one ride with another - to Whitstable - coming up soon, this is an unashamed bump for this thread. The Fridays make no money from this, it's a purely commercial operation. Those who have ordered stuff seem to like it. I have a Force GB gilet from a few years ago and it's worn well, keeps out the wind, is comfy and packs small. But you do need to get the sizing right because each garment is made to order to your specification, so measure yourself, check it and measure again.

Top Bottom