New project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
That looks amazing now. It's the mudguards and chainguard that set it off.
You won't be able to leave it parked anywhere for more than a couple of minutes though. ^_^

OP
OP
steve keay

steve keay

Über Member
Well today was the first time a was able to take the Raleigh out for a test ride. up and down the road a few times. felt great straight away, I had to return to my garage a few times to adjust the saddle height. once that was sorted I did a short half mile ride. ooh the sturmey three speed slipped into every gear perfectly. Im so glad I didnt go the cheap route and go for a single speed. I really had forgotten how good the Sturmey Archer really works. in fact the last time I think I used a 3 speed was on my sisters chopper in the early Eighties .
I also added some Champagne corks as bar ends, I know this has been done before but it really does finish off the leather grips perfectly.
I couldnt beleive how much faster than my mountain bike the Raleigh felt. and the suprise of the ride was the brakes they really work well. thanks to Scilly Suffolk in that department.
Bring on the summer I cant wait to ride this to work at 5am on a summers morning :smile: hope youve all had a good weekend.
7007538690_752c0a9721_b.jpg

OP
OP
steve keay

steve keay

Über Member
well today I took the Raleigh for its first ride to work. oooh its lovely. the ride is great. much faster than my mountain bike, the Sturmey gears are fantstic, kinda feel like an automatic car. all the guys at work loved it, everyone having A good look. definaately the star Of the bike shed.. :smile: now looking for an old racing bike, Ive been watching some on ebay, I missed out on a Royal Enfield Club. this was the racing bike I had as a kid so would be nice to have one again .

Top Bottom