New project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
steve keay

steve keay

Über Member
My thinking is that maybe a tan saddle and similar grips will go well with the cream tyres. Im wondering then wether the cable outers would look better in white, I take it these can still be bought seperately ( its years since Ive bought stuff for a bike ) Thoughts appreciated.
Next to my mountain bike ( a Landrover liveried cheap bike Ive had for a few years) the Raligh looks so elegant I love it to bits .

I was thinking the other day. when I was younger I used to have a Royal Enfield racing bike, I dont think Ive ever seen one since.I left it in a friends shed with a buckled wheel back in 1984 . wonder if its still there.^_^

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I'd give the tan & white colour scheme a big thumbs up, as I would your work so far.

And "yes", you can buy cable inners and outers separately.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I'd keep the guards, apart from being more practical they are so much part of the character of the bike: so nerdy they're cool, if you get my drift?

Replace the all-in-one pads and shoes with a cartridge arrangement, which will allow you to fit the pads of your choice.

Koolstop are the performance pad that is usually tipped, but probably overkill for your needs.

It so happens that I have a set going spare with plenty of wear left in the pads: if you PM your address to me, I will be happy to post them to you.

OP
OP
steve keay

steve keay

Über Member
I'd keep the guards, apart from being more practical they are so much part of the character of the bike: so nerdy they're cool, if you get my drift?

Replace the all-in-one pads and shoes with a cartridge arrangement, which will allow you to fit the pads of your choice.

Koolstop are the performance pad that is usually tipped, but probably overkill for your needs.

It so happens that I have a set going spare with plenty of wear left in the pads: if you PM your address to me, I will be happy to post them to you.

Wow thankyou. thatd be great. Ive tried but I cant work out how to PM duh :wacko:

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Hover your mouse pointer over "Inbox" at the top left of the screen.

In the bottom right of the drop-down box click on "Start a New Conversation".

7113599699_32d95998fc_b.jpg

that looks fantastic - i reckon the boys with their expensive road and mtb commuters may just be a wee bit jealous.

good job.

OP
OP
steve keay

steve keay

Über Member
Just another update. Ive been watching some Brooks saddles on Ebay but they are all going for high prices. I'll eventually get one on the bike. So for the time being Ive purchased a tan Charge spoon sadle ( which seem to be highly regarded on these forums) the sleek look will suit the bike. I also have Tan leather grips to match on their way.
Today I fitted the new handlebars, the sweep back a fraction further and look fab. that leaves the job of sourcing new cables and outers (white)
Ive totted up the build cost and looks like I'll be finished for £280 which includes the original purchase of the bike. Maybe I could have saved a little if Id spent longer on the build. this was supposed to be a few months of a project but Ive done a lot of it in a week. ( bloody ebay ha ha ) I know I could have bought a new bike for the amount Ive spent and Id never get my money back. but I wanted a cool retro ride for my short commute for work, and I must admit I love it :smile: just got to give her a name .
I'll post pics when Ive finished :smile:

Top Bottom