New project....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
I've had an itch to build a Ti bike for a while.I managed to bag a Lynskey R480 Disc frame-set in the end of season sale so I've started scratching that itch:becool:

48906946473_62a6f3cb6c_z.jpg

I mulled over whether or not to go disc,I have a road bike will calliper brakes and a CX bike with mechanical discs,but eventually went for disc as that seems to be the road the industry is heading down.Beautifully crafted frame.Not sure I'd have paid full price but it is nice:okay: Plan is SRAM E-tap groupset/brakes and talking to a couple of local wheel builders(Zed in Barnsley,HED is Sheffield) to see what I can get.
Not going to be cheap but hopefully this will be my last proper build and I'll just replace worn consumables over the next few years.

AndyRM

XOXO
That's a very smart frame indeed.

OP
OP
Sniper68

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Waiting on arrival of integrated bars/stem.Was going to go E-tap but a friend has bought a bke with full Di2/discs that he only wants for the frame/fork.Offered me the Di2 groupset/brakes for £700....almost 1/3 price of new E-tap.....it's a no brainer.
It will be after Xmas now before I start the build.

OP
OP
Sniper68

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
How is this project going??
Now Xmas is over I'm going to start accumulating the bits.I'm hoping to have it built by May!

OP
OP
Sniper68

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
OK so not much progress but BB,Headset/integrated Aero-bars and stem fitted.

49516659602_14f22b1fd1_z.jpg

Brooks C17 Cambium saddle ordered.Going to decide on either Ti or Carbon seatpost over the next couple of days but edging towards Carbon to match the bars:okay:
Saddle is brown so will be ordering brown Brooks Cambium bar-tape to add a retro-touch to an otherwise modern build:becool:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Cor I rather like that 👍 I went with the cambium saddle on my brompton project, nice looking bit of kit. I never got to sit on mine though :laugh: Looking forward to further updates :okay:

Top Bottom