New Pub Alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
In our youth myself and a couple of mates used to have a unwritten policy between us that we'd never walk past a pub without going in it and having at least a half.

On our long pub crawls around districts of Bristol it used to lead us to some 'interesting' hostelries !

We still to this day try to visit pubs that we've never visited people, although with the introduction of family ties our visits are becoming less and less.

I managed to visit a 'new pub' yesterday, The Avonmouth Tavern near the docks / railway station in Avonmouth.

A traditional proper pub with a good selection of drinks and and eclectic mix of customers.

Anyone else enjoy visiting new pubs ?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Don't see them often. Great little micro pub opened in Herne Bay recently though. Good beer, record player in house and you can inflict your music taste on others. 😁

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes. Been in one today. Saddlers Cat in Manchester. Great selection of beers, live band and good food. Off to another shortly, Pixel Bar in NQ Manchester

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
In our youth myself and a couple of mates used to have a unwritten policy between us that we'd never walk past a pub without going in it and having at least a half.

On our long pub crawls around districts of Bristol it used to lead us to some 'interesting' hostelries !

We still to this day try to visit pubs that we've never visited people, although with the introduction of family ties our visits are becoming less and less.

I managed to visit a 'new pub' yesterday, The Avonmouth Tavern near the docks / railway station in Avonmouth.

A traditional proper pub with a good selection of drinks and and eclectic mix of customers.

View attachment 621507

Anyone else enjoy visiting new pubs ?
Last time I was working in Avonmouth I ended up staying in a pub on the docks. There was a funeral going on downstairs which broke out into a fight once everyone was well oiled.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak