New Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steppylud

Über Member
Originally posted in the maintenance forum:

Had a bit of a weird one today, was riding along and noticed that my saddle was feeling "a bit weird". Pulled over to the side of the road and the saddle had somehow managed to come off the rails. It took an hour of abuse and basically breaking the saddle to get it to sit on the rails without falling off. Managed to ride home but I appreciate that I now need to replace it.

Attached is a stock photo of the saddle, and I have found it fairly comfortable so I am now looking for something similar. Does anyone have any recommendations? Was looking at the Specialized Romin Evo, but at £100 it seems a bit pricy.

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Specialized/Romin-Evo-Expert-Gel-Saddle-2016/8KNJ?s=1

Current saddle is 140mm wide according to my dodgy measurements.

vickster

Legendary Member
I like Bontrager saddles fwiw, the most uncomfortable saddle I've had was an £80 Specialized

If you got on well with the broken one, I'd go with the same. Go to a Spesh dealer to get your sit bones measured to confirm the size. Sigma have the equipment and a full range, close enough to Epsom, Corridori probably do too

ChrisEyles

Guru
I'm with @Spiderweb, a Charge Spoon is well worth a go at the price. I've used one on a MTB and got on with it very well. They also look quite smart IMO.

Mind you, I'm way to cheap to spend £100 on a saddle!

ChrisEyles

Guru
Clearly meant to be!

OP
OP
Steppylud

Steppylud

Über Member
Thanks, I have also just seen the Charge spoon in a white Camoflage. I think I am in love!
upload_2017-6-5_19-4-13.png

Top Bottom