New Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Black and white and grey is a bit too tasteful for true 80's camo bar tape hideousness surely? Can't you get it in blue and fluoro yellow?

ChrisEyles

Guru
Got to say it looks pretty smart in that pic though!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Or even a Charge Pan if you can get one. I have 2 Charge Spoons and a Charge Pan. The Pan is slightly wider and still looks good on my carbon road bike. I prefer the Pan. It was comfy for me straight out of the box.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The thing about saddles is that they don't need to be expensive to be comfortable. I bought my best saddle second hand for a few quid. Its a Selle Royale in a rather nasty fake carbon finish buts its supremely comfortable for me.
The Brooks Cambium has had some good reviews and comments on here
https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/brooks-cambium-c15-saddle-review.html#YpGRaFyDG61pzHZ3.97
I've also got a Selle Italia which I like and is similar to the Spech you linked.

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
But saddles seem to be a very personal thing.

Indeed kingrollo, saddles are a very personal thing; what will be heaven for one is hell for another. I've been riding a Viscount VT2 which I've had for at least fifteen years and I've switched between bikes on occasions and never had a bit of trouble with it. :thumbsup: My tourer has a saddle I took off a Giant Halfway I had a while back; again no problem. :biggrin:
I do hanker for a Brooks B17, as my memory of a B5N I had back in the late sixties is of great comfort.

Top Bottom