New Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It doesnt take a lot of care. You only need put some of whatever your choice is 2 or 2 times a year, leave for a few minutes, buff and thats it. I have a cover i could use in the rain if i wanted to, but tl date i havn't used it, mainly because in the rain, my bum is plonked on the seat and won't get wet. You can use it in all weathers as they did when using a brooks decades ago. How much trouble is that?

[QUOTE 4953288, member: 9609"]The good news is I done 32 mile on it the night and it felt fine, a little hard esp when I reach down for another gear, but overall it seemed a good fit. I don't wear padded pants so I imaginge I will have a pretty tough bum.

Bit disappointed to learn it is possibly a good weather only saddle that will take a lot of care - I had hoped for something robust that could handle a 100 mile a week all year round in all weathers and get many years of service. Now I'm not sure, although @Paulus has given me a bit of hope with his post.

Not impressed with the idea of having to buy their special proofhide at rip off prices, I may take @raleighnut advice and buy some dubbin (I'm sure I liked the smell of that as a lad, but can't remember it)[/QUOTE]
The good news is, it sounds like you've a Brooks bum. Take the plastic bag advice and it should be fine.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
They are nice saddles for sure and like marmite you either like them or loathe them .

@User9609 it will be fine and you will be ok , i always use to cover mine over if not in use and it had chance of getting wet when not in use , and wioe it dry before covering it over , seen a few go white when they got damp

Old jon

Guru
[QUOTE 4953288, member: 9609"]Not impressed with the idea of having to buy their special proofhide at rip off prices, I may take @raleighnut advice and buy some dubbin (I'm sure I liked the smell of that as a lad, but can't remember it)[/QUOTE]

Three and a half years on the one I bought when I retired. Done nowt to it, apart from sit on it when I am on the bike. Just like I treated the one I had all they years ago.

Ah, missed the end of the thread, made this post redundant.

Top Bottom