New Scandal in British Cycling

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by ufkacbln, 16 Aug 2012.

1. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

2. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

That is extremely old news.

3. dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

it's not a scandal. It's Lord Brailsford putting in place some long-term marginal gains. His new breeding programme assures us of gold in 2036

and......I'm going to regret saying this....a nicer, sweeter couple one could not imagine. Tears of joy (not mine - I'm a chap) were shed at DZ villas when the news came out

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

liaisons between the riders at british cycling have never been off-limits anyway, unlike relationships between riders and coaches. i remember brailsford or someone saying how they knew when the riders were 'at it', as the male cyclists performance tended to show a slight drop, whereas the female riders showed a slight performance gain…

perplexed and Scoosh like this.
  5. iLB

iLB Hello there

Cradle snatcher Kenny! I can see the Equipe headlines already "BC eugenics programme"

6. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Kenny's performance drop doesn't seem to have been very noticeable, though, does it? Will Baugé now have to live like a monk for a while?

marinyork likes this.
  7. Davidc

Davidc Guru

Disgusting - whatever's the world coming to!

It would never have been allowed at the 1896 games, when Queen Victoria was on the throne!

A few good training sessions are what's needed. Give 'em something else to think about and spend their energy on.

And cut off the hot water supply to the showers too, cold ones should dampen their desires a little.

Next thing there'll be mixed pursuit riding competitions.

(I'm only jealous - good luck to them both)

8. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

Jason is young, good looking, lovely bloke, a world class rider with medals to prove it, and is with the lovely smiling Laura. I should hate him....^_^

dellzeqq and LosingFocus like this.
  9. perplexed

perplexed Guru

Oh, go on then.

I'll ride for GB and suffer the drop in my performance if I can help the ladies to improve theirs.

I'm nowt if not gallant me...

10. NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny Faster on HFLC

You can imagine what I walked into in the office the morning after this.

It's worse that I'm old enough to be her father but when it's Boltons Jason Kenny...and I was the first Jason Kenny in Bolton...well you can imagine the piss taking!

11. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

I think this is a case of 'you wish...' :laugh:

12. NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny Faster on HFLC

True! I wish I could ride like him, be as young as him this is true but my wife is perfect so...

13. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

... and reading this over your shoulder, no doubt! ^_^

Don't worry, my wife is perfect too.

14. Noodley

Noodley Guest

you mean the world class rider with medals to prove it Laura Trott, surely?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice