new season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
The new season begins in a few weeks time! Who's doing what?

Let's hope it's not as muddy as last year! Here's a reminder.
DH running again.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Rollin rollin rollin......

Howard

After grinding in Herne Hill's gravel pit last night I'm quite looking forward to some mud. Lower speeds, less painful stacks. At least one ruined face from the multiple stacks on the new whoop.

What am I doing? Generally:

London League when it's local / south
Central League when it's local / west & north
Muddy Hell
Rapha SuperX
Regionals, depending on training & fitness.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
When's Rapha Super X this year?

I am going to do EL mainly this year, with a smattering of CL and LL when and as it happens. Big ambition for this year is to do at least one National Trophy, but I am not sure which as yet.

A new baby end of September will likely re-shape my thinking :laugh:

Edit: Gosh google is amazing. Rapha X is October 27th at Ally Pally. There are two other dates but they are so far north you need a passport ;)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Definitely want to do a race or two if I can fit it in around ferrying my son to rugby...

October 27th pencilled into diary. I'll have to look up when the London X League races are on at Fowlmead too...

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Definitely want to do a race or two if I can fit it in around ferrying my son to rugby...

October 27th pencilled into diary. I'll have to look up when the London X League races are on at Fowlmead too...

And Muddy Hell on the 26th. Don't forget that. That's pretty intense.

Damaged Hero

Veteran
I am signed up with the West Midlands League,My first full Season.I only started last year and out of the 3 races left I was only able to do 2 of them

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not planning on racing this season (not been riding except to work- i'll die!) I'll help set up my club's course (Hemel) and help out on the day.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
And maybe I'll go for a potter round the course in the vets race.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
2 of my work colleagues are racing tomorrow. Brighton i believe

That would be London League at Stanmer. Sadly can't make it due to family commitment.
Fast and hilly Basildon course for EL yesterday, with quality field from both EL and LL due to proximity to London. Forgot how tough cross races are and went off too hard in the opening laps and had a stinker with cramps and all sorts. Finished in 10th among the elite vets. Bloody good fun though :smile:

Top Bottom