new season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Tommy Voeckler - eat your heart out!

Basildon X 2013 203.jpg

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Second round at Springfield last Sunday... lots of running up steps!

Now in joint 5th in Elite Vets standings, but there's a lot of competition this year.

second set of steps.jpg

Howard

Jealous. I haven't raced yet, save for the summer series. First one for me is looking like LL Hog Hill or CXL Hillingdon.

But in other news, the wife has a new race rig.

9734300109_d917e258c1_z.jpg

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Jealous. I haven't raced yet, save for the summer series. First one for me is looking like LL Hog Hill or CXL Hillingdon.

But in other news, the wife has a new race rig.

9734300109_d917e258c1_z.jpg

I love that

You gonna make her race on clinchers?

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
is the course that technical that you need GPS?

Actually, the Edge 500 in the picture is a bit of a glorified clock in cross races. But having the file for review afterwards is handy, to compare lap times for instance.

Of course it's a head unit so if I'm after HR or power data then it captures those, but TBH I don't usually bother with either for cross.

So mainly, as I said, a glorified clock to make sure I get to the start on time. :smile:

So mainly, as I said, a glorified clock to make sure I get to the start on time. :smile:

What if you're not stood that close to your bike, when the time comes to get to the line????

"In my day", I just wore a watch (& you knew the race was an hour)

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
I can tell I'm about to blow when the vomit starts rising...

That is a totally awesome looking machine H!

Howard

Ha yeah, thanks. I have Matt at Talbot to thank for that. - might just pop it up on the wall and stare at it.

Kidding. Need to get racing again :smile:

I've never got the vomit stage - I suspect it's because my lactate threshold is too low, meaning I run out of strength before I run out of fuel. Which is something I need to work on. Power thread is this way etc.

Howard

Pop it in the Pretty Cross Bike thread then pls - I'm not going to do it ;)

...well, if I get the steerer chopped down I might.

Top Bottom