New sport ( Smoking E Bikes )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Wait to you hit the hills. :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
Wait to you hit the hills. :okay:
The riders still have to pedal unassisted over 15.5mph on the hills, and suddenly the game isn't so much fun for them.

I let them catch up and get alongside and then speed up, or haul them in, pull alongside, try not to look too knackered as is give a cheery greeting, and then clear off. Legal ebikes are easy prey if thats your thing, but don't be too tough on them - they ain't driving a car, and if it's getting people back into cycling, or extending their cycling careers, then as imperfect as it is it's still one less polluting tin box.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's easy on the flat or downhill, not easy on climbs.

This especially off road. I was passed by one on Monday, but I'd already done 23 of 24 miles off road and was knackered. I didn't realise it was an e-bike until he caught me on a climb then pulled away - He couldn't catch me for the mile before the climb. I wasn't far off him at the top, but had to ease off going on the flat and slight downhill - I was gaining much quicker on the rough track as I had a trail bike with full suspension, his was a more basic HT MTB. Soon as we hit the next hill, he pulled away.

Slick

Guru
The riders still have to pedal unassisted over 15.5mph on the hills, and suddenly the game isn't so much fun for them.

I let them catch up and get alongside and then speed up, or haul them in, pull alongside, try not to look too knackered as is give a cheery greeting, and then clear off. Legal ebikes are easy prey if thats your thing, but don't be too tough on them - they ain't driving a car, and if it's getting people back into cycling, or extending their cycling careers, then as imperfect as it is it's still one less polluting tin box.
Mrs Slick rides an ebike so I do know how they work and chapeau if you can take an ebike uphill as that's when I get left well behind.
OP is in west London, pancake flat pretty much around there (especially with Richmond Park closed to the wider public) :whistle:
Bikes are great machines for exploring new places. :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I smoked an elliptigo today. She was cracking along at a fair old pace, but ultimately was no match for the mighty thighs, firm buttocks and capacious lungs of the mighty Drago!

And of course the b*****t as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair, I also followed a lad on a full squidge mountain bike. Defininetely not an ebike. He was cracking on at a serious pace, so much so that I was working hard to keep with him on the Felt. I could have taken him given a bit more effort or some judicious corner carving, but it was such a sterling piece of speed riding that I thought I'd just let him have it. He certainly worked hard enough for it.

Top Bottom