New store opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solmisation

Just visited the Decathlon website, big sign saying that they are opening a store in Glasgow in November. have not bought anything from them, but was looking to get some winter kit, may wait to see if they have any opening offers.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just wait till you start spending lots in there - loads and loads of stuff, for everything....scary..... Do get membership as you get discount vouchers.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
That is good news :biggrin:.

I've been looking at getting some of their gear but haven't been able to have a store anywhere near. With a daughter at Uni in Glasgow, what better excuse is there to visit :biggrin: ?

jay clock

Massive member
As Life of Brian would say...."You lucky, lucky bastard"

I have dozens of things from Deckie.... running shorts, 25+ baselayers, t shirts, cycling kit, tent, etc etc etc

MrRidley

solmisation said:
Just visited the Decathlon website, big sign saying that they are opening a store in Glasgow in November. have not bought anything from them, but was looking to get some winter kit, may wait to see if they have any opening offers.

Oh shoot, that store will be less than 10mins from my house.

soulful dog

Veteran
I see Blacks up at the Fort has a closing down sale, so I presume Decathlon will take over that shop.

Incidentally, I had a quick look at the Blacks sale and nothing really caught my eye (lots of stuff not included in the sale). Though I did have to look twice at one jacket - £14.99, now that's a great bargain I thought...... oh hang on, it's reduced from £249.99, that can't be right.

Yes, it was £149.99 in the sale. :evil:

I didn't buy it. ;)

MrRidley

soulful dog said:
I see Blacks up at the Fort has a closing down sale, so I presume Decathlon will take over that shop.

Incidentally, I had a quick look at the Blacks sale and nothing really caught my eye (lots of stuff not included in the sale). Though I did have to look twice at one jacket - £14.99, now that's a great bargain I thought...... oh hang on, it's reduced from £249.99, that can't be right.

Yes, it was £149.99 in the sale. :biggrin:

I didn't buy it. :blush:

No the new store will be next door to Morrisons, i passed by today, huge banner up saying recruiting now, i think i'm going to apply :laugh:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
bhoyjim said:
No the new store will be next door to Morrisons, i passed by today, huge banner up saying recruiting now, i think i'm going to apply :biggrin:
Friend of my daughters worked in Lakeside one for a while. He wasn't impressed.

jay clock

Massive member
Friend of my daughters worked in Lakeside one for a while. He wasn't impressed.
in my experience if the employees are unhappy it shows through in customer service. Decathlon are exceptionally good in my (very high spending!) experience and the staff are helpful and knowledgeable

Top Bottom