New things. The anti-nostalgia thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Have you considered just not drinking coffee, since you don't seem to actually like it?:whistle:

I was talking about how others seem to pile the stuff with sugar, I didn't make that clear, I know. I mean, why drink it if you need to alter its taste? I personally am ok with Coffee, although it can make my head all muzzy, so I only drink it when I actually want to drink it.

was it cold by then?

Hill.... ARIOUS!! I meant Latte. :blush:

THAT SAID, oddly enough, it was Luke warm, which seemed to be the thing to do so that people could drink it quickly and get back to their seats (people were all standing about drinking it like in a bar before handing the cup back to the guy serving who put it in the bin (I hope!)).

Coffee bars were introduced to this country in the 1950s.

There's always one, isn't there? :rolleyes::whistle:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I was talking about how others seem to pile the stuff with sugar, I mean, why drink it if you need to alter its taste? I personally am ok with Coffee, although it can make my head all muzzy, so I only drink it when I actually want to drink it.

Hill.... ARIOUS!! I meant Latte. :blush:

THAT SAID, oddly enough, it was Luke warm, which seemed to be the thing to do so that people could drink it quickly and get back to their seats (people were all standing about drinking it like in a bar before handing the cup back to the guy serving who put it in the bin (I hope!)).

There's always one, isn't there? :rolleyes::whistle:
You may notice a theme to my contributions to this thread!

colly

Re member eR
People who prefix a reply to a question with perfectly opposite responses. Most noticeable on radio or TV but in fact it happens more frequently in general conversation.

eg:
Interviewer ...........''Mr sporty, that was an impressive performance. Do you feel you have settled well into your new role within the team?''

Mr Sporty ..........''Yeah, no, it's going quite well so far and the boss is happy with me''

Arch

Married to Night Train
People who prefix a reply to a question with perfectly opposite responses. Most noticeable on radio or TV but in fact it happens more frequently in general conversation.

eg:
Interviewer ...........''Mr sporty, that was an impressive performance. Do you feel you have settled well into your new role within the team?''

Mr Sporty ..........''Yeah, no, it's going quite well so far and the boss is happy with me''

To be honest, I do that sometimes. I think I would rationalise it as the 'yeah' meaning, "I've understood you", rather than "I agree with you". But I'm not sure what the 'no' means, even though I say it. :blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

eg:

No I sometimes do that too. :blush:

subaqua

What’s the point
:eek:
Last year I employed a plumber to fit a new boiler, when I asked him if he wanted cash or cheque, he said "can I not just email you my bank details, you can do a transfer"?

thats down to the assumption of a lot of people that cash payments mean you avoid taxation. even though it doesn't. that said doing a direct transfer is brilliant and easy

Top Bottom