New threats to cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
You forgot...badgers, children, smaller children, hobbits, rabbits, birds, huge scary spiders joy riding in your hat, snails that jump out of nowhere, fallen twigs, larger fallen sticks, great big massive bits of tree/shrubbery, people who can't signal and deadliest of all that fat barstuard fly who flies right into your mouth closing off the air hole entirely.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I was wondering that too. The OP reads like he's knocked one out the sky and knackered it, which seems a bit extreme, depending on the circumstances.

It hit a tree and bounced into the path in front of me, and disintegrated. I had to avoid bits of broken drone, at very short notice.

chewa

plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens
You're too late, it's been done. There's a drone camera you can pair with a device you wear on your wrist or on a backpack and it follows you, maintaining the same relative altitude, position and angle of view you set it up with. Designed for solo extreme skiing, snowboarding and mountain biking. I'll have a look for the link.

Edit: here it is: https://www.airdog.com/

GC

Curses! There goes my idea for the Apprentice next year. :smile:

doug

Veteran
And here was me thinking that a drone, with flashing lights, hovering 3 feet above my head with a spotlight beam illuminating me and linked to my bike by GPS to a sensor on my helmet, would be a great safety idea!

If anyone does that, it's my idea, you are all witnesses :smile:

It will just give drivers a new excuse:
SMIDSYBIWSABYD

Sorrry Mate I Didn't See You Because I Was Staring At Your Drone :rolleyes:

Top Bottom