New tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
IMG_3394.JPG
What do you think ? Spa steel tourer with dynamo front hub and Tumus carriers.

dim

very nice ... quality bike ... dynamo hub plus brooks saddle (get a cover for when it rains) .... would you use the front pannier rack?

View attachment 155920 What do you think ? Spa steel tourer with dynamo front hub and Tumus carriers.
Very nice indeed. Can I ask what the full spec is and the price?
Whatever, am sure they will give Paul Hewitt something to think about.
How did you arrive at the size/particular model? Were you confident enough to spec it all yourself or did Spa help with advice and test rides etc?

edit - you mean Tubus of course

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
very nice ... quality bike ... dynamo hub plus brooks saddle (get a cover for when it rains) .... would you use the front pannier rack?
Its a Spa Nid saddle which might be changed to the broken in Brookes i have on my dead Hybrid ( hit by a car) The front carrier was added with plans to do LeJog in the future. Lovely ride so far,really pleased with everything fitted

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Very nice indeed. Can I ask what the full spec is and the price?
Whatever, am sure they will give Paul Hewitt something to think about.
How did you arrive at the size/particular model? Were you confident enough to spec it all yourself or did Spa help with advice and test rides etc?

edit - you mean Tubus of course
I will find all the details off my invoice. As for advice on setup,i went with Spa's advice who were brilliant in sizing and spec of the bike.I mentioned the main plan was to do LeJog with it along with some Audax's which gave them an idea of what i need. I have read good reports on their own builds and although it was just over a grand,i am sure it will last me for many,many years. Colour was my choice,but i could have gon for a nice,safe black or red.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just over a grand sounds very cheap. I'd have thought more like £1,500 with the dynohub and tubus racks etc.
My good lady thought I was going mad when I wanted to spend that much on a bike !! The car I drive only cost £150 three years ago ! I like the fact Spa is a small company and are a little unique. The racks did make my eyes water at the price but they look and feel very sturdy. Need some nice new pannier bags for it now,the old one looks a little tired.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Tubus racks are excellent and among the strongest there is.

I think the weight limit on mine is quoted as 'about 30kg'.

One indication of quality is Tubus use a small fillet to weld the bottom legs together, which is stronger than just tacking them.

Top Bottom