New Toy on its way!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I normally hang around the Commuting and general cycling threads (oh and the café for the excellent jokes of course) as I have, or rather had 2 roadies

My son aged 11 has recently got his first proper mountain bike a Btwin Rockrider as has been pestering for me to take him on some easy trails.....

Money and a strict 1 in 1 out policy imposed by Mrs V (due to room constraints) meant I had to sell my Defy2 2014 model to totally fund an MTB's purchase, so I put the Defy up for sale on here for 220 and dropped to 200 I was going to try one final drop to 180 when I had interesting conversation with my LBS.....

He's getting a new interactive turbo trainer demonstrator which needs a Med to large road bike,,, rather than put one of his 1K stock road bikes on it he has offered a straight swap on a Python MTB hardtail at 259.99.

I was never going to buy a 500 quid plus machine (would love to but Mrs V aint thick......) so this suits my needs exactly, only a 26 inch wheel but it will have to go in ths boot with little Vs until a roof system is sorted so is a blessing in disguise.

lighter than Little V's Btwin with sealed Bearing and quick fire shifters instead twist grips fitted on most sub 200 bikes where my budget was going to be.

He also pointed out that the next service would probably have been a big bill on the Defy new sprockets and chain and all cables were sticking.... so.... getting one of these in black (The only colour he had in stock in my size)

https://www.pythonbicycles.com/product/rock-fs-gents-26/

Good enough for me to get out on a few trails with Ben and on my own on my days off. It will also have to do winter commuting duties..... Can't wait picking it up hopefully at the weekend just in time for it to be a big five o birthday present to myself

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
Ta-dah.....
IMG_20181020_091001.jpg

Top Bottom